Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I suppose this is sort of a general poll. According to some commentary I've seen recently it appears as though some are a little concerned about a compromise in quality when it comes to gun manufacturing due to the high demand and the need to produce in order to meet the demand. I can speak for myself and say it's not a concern I personally have but I would love others' thoughts.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm slightly more wary for things like AR parts because of how backed up some of the companies I'm trying to order from are, but typically a flawed part in an AR will show itself either in assembly or your first time at the range.

I dont trust firearms in general for carry or home defense until they've been put through their paces at the range.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
I recently purchased a S&W 442. The range I use is closed so I haven’t had a chance to shoot it so I won’t carry it yet. I was impressed in that the gun was slightly dirty. All five chambers, the barrel, etc. had residue. S&W test fired my gun at least five times before shipping.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It was a Smith & Wesson.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Why impressed? In my opinion, Ruger should have test fired and then cleaned the gun before shipment. Don
It was a S&W. I was impressed because it had been test fired. I doubt that any manufacturer that test fires before shipping cleans the gun. Not sure how many rounds but Glock test fires and doesn’t clean before shipping.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I don't put any firearms into a defensive role until I've put 300+ trouble free rounds thru them.

And I also practice malfunction drills because any machine can fail.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
I would hope that reputable companies would stick to their SOP's and quality policies. I would have more concern the further down the pecking order it goes. I would trust a Glock, H&K, or SIG the same as I would have prior to the pandemic.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Their hands probably hurt too much from firing it to clean it. That's the main reason I didn't buy one. Most shooters said they hated to practice with it. I like to regularly practice on steel outdoors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts