close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gun range needs help!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Splanchnic, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Splanchnic

Splanchnic

There is a new shooting range in North Alabama called Alabama Tactical Shooters.

http://alabamatacticalshooters.com/

It was started by a group of enthusiasts and is designed to be an all-gun range and the first truly long distance range in the state (1,000+ yards). They are planing ISPC, IDPA and long range shoots. I was very excited to join.

The business went through every step to ensure the range was legal and NRA compliant. Now, a small handful of neighbors are protesting and pushing any government official they can to shut it down due to "safety concerns" and noise.

This is terrible precedent to send the shooting community or anyone that belongs to a range.

The ironic thing is the guy that is complaining the most lives 1 1/2 miles away and is a former BATF agent. He said he is on "disability from PTSD" yet apparently has a gun range in his back yard!!!

http://www.waff.com/Category/195953/video-landing-page?clipId=6868056&autostart=true

http://www.waff.com/story/17585501/ordinance-may-shut-down-marshall-county-shooting-range

http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...Range-Controversy/13VaE2Xxs0KZEAAt8Zh-aw.cspx

http://www.sandmountainreporter.com/news/local/article_ad4f92a0-7ab8-11e1-b041-0019bb2963f4.html

Please help and email your thoughts to the mayor and city counsel members below!

mayor.lyons@cityofalbertville.com
    fdouglas.wood@gmail.com
    Altpr1066@gmail.com
    nathan@yourfarmersagent.net
    johnamos@bellsouth.net
    mcclendon@charter.net

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

It sounds like somebody didn't do their homework. HH

3. crnama

crnama CLM

Man I really need to check them out. It would be a little drive but well worth it to get some real long range shooting.

4. podwich

podwich

It's too bad that gun mufflers are so severely regulated. It'd be a whole lot nicer on surrounding people if guns could be quieter.

5. Adjuster

Adjuster

I would not want to live within earshot(pun) of a gun range. I guess thats kind of hypocritical because of course I like to shoot.

/

6. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Hardly. I greatly enjoy flying and auto / motorcycle racing but wouldn't want to live in the same zip code as either an airport or a motorsports park. HH

7. wfochris

wfochris

Was just reading about this in local paper; I'm ten miles from there.

There's a police range on the back side of it. A friend of mine is a lawyer for the county and says the range is legit. Come enjoy :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

8. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

My shooting club was out in the boonies when they moved the last time. Now it's grown up around us, and there are those who want our club shut down. I've always thought it would be wise to add some sound proofing to keep the noise down a bit, and be a good neighbor. All I ever hear is "we were here first". Sooner or later, the antis are going to get enough votes or influence to rezone us out, and being a better neighbor might have been a good idea.

9. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

It will happen. I spent most of the formative weekends of my youth at the Freeport Motor Speedway in Freeport, NY (south shore of Nassau County, Long Island) and it is long gone now for the same reasons. I've since learned that Riverhead Speedway has gone too, and it's only a matter of time for Southhampton...where we used to run our bikes. Anyone know if Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ is still around? I've got a few u-joints and other parts embedded in the center field if it hasn't been turned into a shopping mall yet. HH

10. ca survivor

ca survivor

BATF agent, that should explain it....

11. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

An ATF agent with PTSD? I say you put on a David Koresh mask and go pay that man a visit.

12. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

With all due respect, why would the city officials of your town listen to me, when I live several states away?

Your time would be better served garnering local support, not flooding their email inboxes with messages from people who cannot vote for them.

13. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

(double post)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  14. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Keep us posted, usually gun ranges are in industrial, warehouse, rural type areas and the noise thing is over blown, try living next to a airport or on an air base where the dorms arent that far from the airfield. Or heck in a tent off the runway in some country where there is more sand storms than standing buildings.

:50cal:

15. oldman11

oldman11

Just like all the rest of the gun grabbers. It's ok for him to shoot but not anybody else.

16. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member