GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
The eBay Guy
20,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically this is my wife's, but I'm pretty excited about it too!

Ordered this thing back around May from Gunbuyer.com and a couple days later they emailed me letting me know that it was out of stock and had no idea when it would be back in (given all the craziness that was just beginning). They asked if I wanted to keep the order and I said yes, mainly because I got it for $349.99!

Well, about a week ago they emailed me to let me know they're sending one my way! Thankfully, after I initially ordered months ago, I also went and bought a ton of range ammo and a good bit of gold dots for it. So, she's all set.

We haven't had a j-frame in the house for a few years, so it's nice to have one back in the stable.

20201020_074107.jpg

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,878 Posts
Nice Roscoe and at a very nice price. Good job!
Enjoy it in the best of health brother. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Nice! I bought the same gun back in April or May. Love it. Carrying it in a Mika's pocket holster currently, but waiting on some leather from Milt Sparks.

·
Combat Diver
3,314 Posts
Great price. I paid too much for mine.

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Native Mainiac
18,693 Posts
Nice that S&W at least doesn't put the lock on everything.

Bottom is a 40-1 (top is 17-8) I picked up a few years ago. Now I know why some people used to pin the grip safety on the older Lemon Squeezers...ya' gotta' be holding it just right. But it is a jun gun to shoot with mild wacutters. Hot stuff whacks the knuckle on my "salute" finger.
SW 17-8 40-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Bottom is a 40-1 (top is 17-8) I picked up a few years ago. Now I know why some people used to pin the grip safety on the older Lemon Squeezers...ya' gotta' be holding it just right. But it is a jun gun to shoot with mild wacutters. Hot stuff whacks the knuckle on my "salute" finger. View attachment 851936
Tyler "T Grip" adapter should help with that. I've always wanted one of those (Model 40)

·
Free Full Clip!
17,083 Posts

Bottom is a 40-1 (top is 17-8) I picked up a few years ago. Now I know why some people used to pin the grip safety on the older Lemon Squeezers...ya' gotta' be holding it just right. But it is a jun gun to shoot with mild wacutters. Hot stuff whacks the knuckle on my "salute" finger. View attachment 851936
A Tyler T-grip adapter would help with the recoil on that lemon squeezer and it would be "Period Correct".

Smith and Wesson doesn't require locks on their hammerless pistols and maybe that's why they don't require them on their striker-fired semi-autos.

But I think the real reason is because if safety locks were absolutely required on their semi-autos with no option available that it would hurt sales and the fact is that they sell a lot more semi-autos than they do revolvers and they figure if the revolver buyers don't like it, that's just too bad for them.

I think that's a ****ty attitude and that they should give people the option of whether they want a dumbass lock on their guns or not. They have the ability to make the guns either way.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Couldn’t agree more. Thing is a company called saf-t-hammer (or something close) saved S&W from bankruptcy. Kind of hard for them to back down on the lock thing. However, I think it’s just a matter of time before they will see the light and offer all guns without the dreaded lock. Then, and only then, will S&W return to being a much desired and respected gun manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Well, technically this is my wife's, but I'm pretty excited about it too!

Ordered this thing back around May from Gunbuyer.com and a couple days later they emailed me letting me know that it was out of stock and had no idea when it would be back in (given all the craziness that was just beginning). They asked if I wanted to keep the order and I said yes, mainly because I got it for $349.99!

Well, about a week ago they emailed me to let me know they're sending one my way! Thankfully, after I initially ordered months ago, I also went and bought a ton of range ammo and a good bit of gold dots for it. So, she's all set.

We haven't had a j-frame in the house for a few years, so it's nice to have one back in the stable.

View attachment 851818
Nice!

And it does everything my $800+ 340PD does at a much better price.

If I had a do over, I wouldn't worry about saving the 3 ozs. and instead buy what you have and save the extra money.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts