Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Just lack finishing up
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it this weekend at the gun show. I have wanted one for many many years. The last time I saw a new one for sale was about 10 years ago. I saw two of them yesterday at the show. The first one was way over priced. Almost $500. Crazy. Coming up on the next to last row of the show I found a large dealer with one. This one was marked $349. I bought it.

I don't know yet what role it will play. Its certainly not the most effective choice for CCW. But it is very cool. Its not even the smallest or lightest CCW pistol in the safe. My KelTec P32 beats it in this regard. But it is cool. Very cool.

Hope to get it out to the range Tuesday.

Gun Trigger Starting pistol Finger Hand

·
NRA Life Member
5,915 Posts
Congratulations on the Bobcat. I agree they are very cool.

I’ve had 2 of these over the years and neither of them stayed around as I traded both. Probably should have kept the last one.

I found them to be dependable with most high velocity ammo, my favorite load was CCI Minimags.

·
Registered
13,879 Posts
I had one years ago and sold it to buy a Tomcat in 32 acp. Never shot it a lot but enough to believe it was 100% reliable.

Reactions: Out West

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
11,857 Posts
When I had my FFL back in the early 80's, I sold several of them...they were terrific little guns...a blast ( pun intended) to shoot ( very loud!)..and reliable. Taurus used to make a clone...don't know if they still do...

·
Just lack finishing up
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a sweet little pistol. I'd love to hear about its ongoing reliability.
Hello. Back from the range today with the little Beretta. I took eight different types of 22lr ammo to the range. All of them functioned fine with the exception of the Aguila ammo. The Aguila didn't want to fire reliably. Light strikes on the rim. All of them shot high to point of aim - probably something about my grip. Not high enough to worry about for close range shooting - say within 5 yards. It is not a target pistol. Worth noting is that the little bugger needs to be kept clean. I did have a couple of stoppages on the last round in the magazine. Brushing the breech face and the barrel throat seemed to fix the issue.

Ammo tested included: CCI Stingers, CCI Velositors, Win Super X Hyper Velocity, Win M22, CCI Mini Mag 36gr HP, Mini Mag 40gr, Fiochhi 40gr and Aguila High Velocity 40gr.

The Stingers functioned fine, but seemed a little much. Lots of flash and louder than the others. I think I'll stick with Mini Mags for this little gun. They run fine, seemed to group decently and, given the short barrel, are probably as effective as any of the hyper velocity ammo types.

It is a fun little gun. Put a grin on my face every time I went through a magazine and saw holes on paper. I was expecting issues. Happy that it didn't happen (save for the Aguila).

So what am I going to do with this little guy? Its a sweet plinker. I like to shoot and it likes being shot. I have better choices for carry. But it might be perfect for hiking/backpacking where weight is an issue. The gun and a box of ammo don't take up much more space than a deck of cards!

Its just fun. Glad I bought it.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Looks good. The CCI Mini - Mags are what I have settled on and don't think there is really anything better. Mine shoots amazingly well when I am able to use the very small sights.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have the blued version. When I retired I was given several gift cards to a local sporting good store and I bought one as a retirement present. It shoots well, reliable and not difficult to carry as a pocket gun.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Hello. Back from the range today with the little Beretta. I took eight different types of 22lr ammo to the range. All of them functioned fine with the exception of the Aguila ammo. The Aguila didn't want to fire reliably. Light strikes on the rim. All of them shot high to point of aim - probably something about my grip. Not high enough to worry about for close range shooting - say within 5 yards. It is not a target pistol. Worth noting is that the little bugger needs to be kept clean. I did have a couple of stoppages on the last round in the magazine. Brushing the breech face and the barrel throat seemed to fix the issue.

Ammo tested included: CCI Stingers, CCI Velositors, Win Super X Hyper Velocity, Win M22, CCI Mini Mag 36gr HP, Mini Mag 40gr, Fiochhi 40gr and Aguila High Velocity 40gr.

The Stingers functioned fine, but seemed a little much. Lots of flash and louder than the others. I think I'll stick with Mini Mags for this little gun. They run fine, seemed to group decently and, given the short barrel, are probably as effective as any of the hyper velocity ammo types.

It is a fun little gun. Put a grin on my face every time I went through a magazine and saw holes on paper. I was expecting issues. Happy that it didn't happen (save for the Aguila).

So what am I going to do with this little guy? Its a sweet plinker. I like to shoot and it likes being shot. I have better choices for carry. But it might be perfect for hiking/backpacking where weight is an issue. The gun and a box of ammo don't take up much more space than a deck of cards!

Its just fun. Glad I bought it.
Seems like a fun toy. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
I have a blued one. Mini Mags all day long. Likes Stingers, but as you said, probably too much. And yes, keep it clean. At about 50 rounds, things start to get sluggish.

Nice find.

·
Registered
12,732 Posts
i have one, i think the base model. i didn't have any others to choose from when i bought it, would have loved a better Blue model, it looks more like a phosphate finish. grips standard plastic, been looking at ordering wood grips. i found the CCI mini mags best also. but i have used it to silence critters with a CB cap. I like that i can load one in the tip up barrel and then put it in my pocket and not worry about it. to be honest, i have had issues with it when shooting several mags at a time. the slide has popped off, it goes back together and then works fine after a cleaning. just seems to be fussy when dirty. i really like it for a novelty, mine can't be trusted for CC. my dad bought the Taurus. he was able to pick out a nicely finished stainless model with Rosewood grips, looks very nice. but it is not the same gun, Bobcat is hammer fired, Taurus is striker fired. also the Taurus has a much heavier trigger pull.
i really would like a centerfire model, 32 if possible, but for now the 22 is fun to play with.
Good luck with yours.

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
4,925 Posts
Nice Beretta. It would serve snek CCW duties around here. I think I need one.

·
Registered
30,418 Posts
I've had two/three (Blued) for many years.

Way back I used it to teach my friend's three boys and girl to shoot before they could pull the slide back.
With the tip up barrel they could operate the gun, before they could pull the slide.

It was interesting that one day, just for the heck of it, I ran them through the Texas Concealed Carry shooting qualification.
They passed with a good score using the little gun. :)

I was shooting one a few months ago.
I still like the little gun.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Some of my friends used them for when they were trail running. They referred to it as an "eye gun" since that would be the only way to get a reliable one shot stop...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have had one for about 10 years, mostly safe time now. It is fun to shoot but I would agree "fussy when dirty". After about 40 or so it would fte. Great back yard plinker. Btw as I recall I paid about $150 new- tho I could be wrong.

·
Registered
30,418 Posts
Shooting mine today.

I forgot that it shoots a little high and left. Of course the sights are so small it's hard to see them.

Since I got it out of the safe I think I may pocket carry it around the place during the day.

The 950BS (Short) was jamming feeding quite a bit. Seemed like the old 22 Short ammo is a little weak. I'll have to look around and see what I have stashed. I know I have something over ten thousand rounds of 22 short, but not sure what brand.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts