close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Guardian Class

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TwinGlock40z, Apr 2, 2004.

1. TwinGlock40z

TwinGlock40z

This is my first post on this glock forum. I was referred by a friend. It seems to be a lot better forum. But anyways to the point. I just got my new glock report. I seen where they changed the amateur law enforcement and made it the guardian class. The real change that I can see is where they added fulltime or part time firefighters and paramedics. Yea ok that’s good and dandy. I’m not saying to not let firefighters and paramedics compete under this class. But if your going to go this route don’t any of you think that they should maybe even add jailers, or I think even dispatchers , or to be honest w/ you anyone who works in public safety. Or even maybe I’m not understanding the rules correctly. If not I’m sure someone will correct me.

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

First of all, welcome to GlockTalk and the GSSF Forum!

Here's the rules on AM/Guardian copied from the current Glock Report. Pay special attention to the bold portions.

Definition of Guardian
    1. The competitor is a full-time law enforcement officer of a duly constituted agency of a municipal, county, state or federal government,
    or is a full-time firearms instructor in a law enforcement agency or police academy. The competitor must provide official, current identification from their agency if he or she is a
    full-time civilian firearm instructor.

2. The competitor is an officer of a reserve or auxiliary unit of a law enforcement agency named above. The appointing authority must authorize the competitor to carry arms while on duty and authorizes the competitor to perform the same law enforcement functions and duties as full-time officers of the agency. (Unarmed auxiliary members of
    law enforcement agencies are not included.)

3. The competitor is a member of any of the United States Armed Services (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force and CoastGuard) serving active duty or in the reserves.

4. The competitor is a full-time salaried railroad police officer, penal institution guard, industrial police officer, bank guard or armored/express company guard who is armed while on duty.

5. The competitor is a full-time or volunteer firefighter or paramedic.

6. The competitor is retired from any of the above positions and receiving benefits from the organization.

So as a jailer, you're golden!

Now on to the dispatchers, they aren't covered anywhere in the rules, so my best guess would be that they would fall under the "unarmed auxillary members of law enforcement agencies are not included" rule. Now I've never seen an auxillary dispatcher, but they are unarmed civilian personnel, and they are not mentioned in the rules as being allowed to shoot in AM/Guardian.

And that's my opinion, but it doesn't count, so if you want official clarification you should contact GSSF and ask for there opinion, as there's is the one that counts.

3. TwinGlock40z

TwinGlock40z

4. The competitor is a full-time salaried railroad police officer, penal institution guard, industrial police officer, bank guard or armored/express company guard who is armed while on duty.

Ok is saying that all of these have to be armed while on duty or is saying just the bank guard or armored/express company guard who is armed while on duty?

4. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

The way it is written, it states that the bank guard or armored/express company guard must be armed while on duty, not the penal institution guard.

According to the rules that have been published by GSSF, as a jailer you're allowed to shoot AM/Guardian!