close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New GSSF Prize Allocation System

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Head on over to www.gssfonline.com for all the latest changes beginning with Ft. Benning.:thumbsup:

2. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

Don, maybe I'm missing something but the link brings up the same info since they dropped the Lewis system with the heading "Spring 2005 brings exciting changes..."

The frame derived nav system on that site has kept me searching on more than once occasion...but at least it's seldom updated so it could be worse :supergrin:

Is there a secret section of the site I've never found or am I just clueless...most who know me would probably vouch for the latter ;)

3. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I'm stumped too. Went to GSSF website earlier today and saw notice about new prize allocation system. For some reason my computer could not open the PDF file so I could print the info. Came back to website a few minutes ago and now I no longer see that initial notification about the new prize system. Also don't see anything about it listed under the Ft. Benning link. Any clues?

4. Don At PC

You are clicking on the "hot link" that reads "Click Here" are you not? I just logged on and it came right up. Also do you have an up to date Acrobat Reader? This can sometimes cause it not to open.;)

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

You should be using Internet Explorer or Netscape. If you are using ether of these two, use the refresh button while on the sight. I just opened the GSSFONLINE sight and the "Improved Match Award" is at the top of the page.

Dan:cool:

6. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

Don...I'm in advertising design...our shop is a veritable mission control of humming computers and the latest software :supergrin:

If the GSSF pulled the info after posting it today, you could still be accessing it through your browser's cache.

Due to the GSSF's frame based site design, it's always hard to tell which "page" you're on since, and unless I'm missing something, you can't provide direct links to subpages. The only "Click here" link I can see points to the 2005 version of the "latest" Glock report.

What was the gist of the changes, inquiring minds want to know ;)

7. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

I'll fire up a Windoze machine and see if it works any differently under Explorer than it does Safari or Firefox browsers in Mac OS X.

Ah, that's the problem. The site has incompatibilities with OS X browsers, including Firefox (which is Mozilla, ie., Netscape based, in many respects).

Darned discriminatory :supergrin:

8. Don At PC

Yep, it likes only Windows and IE. E-mail me and let me know if you got and could open what I sent you.;)

9. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

Thanks, Don, but I'm now good to go. I have one Windoze machine, ironically used to test compatibility for our Web work, running 98SE so I was able to access the PDF and print it out. Now I can siphon a copy of the PDF out from the Gatesian dark side and into the light of OS X via our network :supergrin:

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

It's just a fad !!! These darn machines will never make it in time. They won't even last the year. :rofl: :banana: :tongueout:

Right Don?

Pharaoh

p.s. good catch Don! Never a silver moment!

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

There is a persistent DNS issue in the .com domain with resolving the fully-qualified domain-name of gssfonline.com versus the alias of the same thing prefaced by www. That's why I usually just try both, refresh 17 times, and often it will come up.

Sometimes when announcing something it's helpful to Ctrl-C (copy) the whole URL once you're there, and then Ctrl-V (paste) it into the thread so folks can go right there.

http://www.gssfonline.com/GLOCK Report Rules2007.pdf

Sorry Don, almost forgot to say many thanks for the alert yesterday on that. I posted here before seeing you had a thread too.

C'mon Spring!!! I have plenty of 22-250 loaded, now if I could just find that freakin' groundhog...

:patriot:

12. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Thaks for the link Wig, always easy to find info that way.

If I am reading that right only 1st in division is guaranteed, if there are enough entries there may be 2-3 or more and it applies to all divisions. If thats the case that is pretty lame. There was already enough welfare prizes, no need to take away more performance prizes.

13. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Not a problem for Masters, they never paid below third anyway. Just a better reason for improved performance. Let's see, more opportunities for Masters to shoot, more possible pistol awards for Masters, maybe more folks will keep shooting when they "graduate" to Master. And let's see, another possible pistol award for Am shooters with the bump up prize for Major Sub when there are 10 entries. And if an Amateur shooter enters more than one category they become eligible for more chances at a "welfare" prize. I guess if I was a consistent 4th-10th place shooter shooting in AmCiv I might be miffed. The only bad thing for me is I may have to change gun bags. :)

And to win you have to shoot the matches. ;)

14. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Are you saying 1-3 always pay in master classes regardless of entry numbers because I read it the other way.

15. gary newport

gary newport

Matt, some of us pretty much have to hope for a "welfare" prize! :sad: And there will now be fewer of those, depending on match attendance, as I read the new policy. I'm happy to see Masters have more competition opportunities in GSSF, but I think GSSF should be more about the (many) Amateurs than the (few) Masters when it comes to incentives. Masters, after all, have opportunities to win loot and glory in other shooting sports.

16. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Nope, you're right if the match size is below 150 only the top dog may get a "prize". Like I said, another incentive for improved performance. I'll take the possibility of more pistol prizes against the loss of 2nd and 3rd any day. The matches we see on this side of the country will always make it to 250 or over so I don't see it as a loss. I think we'll always have 10 Master entries in the each new added category. Again I guess if you're in Missoula and you get 98 entries it might be a problem but then again with 98 entries you already have a problem, people aren't interested. Also loss of 2nd and 3rd place in small matches doesn't increase the "welfare" prizes, there are none.

I been shooting GSSF since '95 and I've never been to a match that didn't make 175 entries, the minimum for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place payout. Most are more like 300+. Maybe out west the matches are much smaller? The northwest?

Basically it looks like the matches are going to have to come closer to carrying themselves financially with Glock carrying the salaries, travel and such of their personnel.

17. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

I did not attend the last three competitions in my area (Florida) because of the prizes. I have received a $50 random, "earned" a $25, but the real reward was meeting other shooters, improving my times, and just having fun at the events. Don't get me wrong, I will gladly accept a cert for a new Glock, earned or otherwise. As far as getting more people to attend, well that's up to us to bring our friends so they can share the addiction.;)

18. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I'm one of those that could be miffed if I wanted to but, as I said in my other post, my approach to that is to keep tryin' to WIN (performance-based). Again, I've yet to see anyone clairvoyant enough to be able to shoot the score that gets them a random award. If they can do that their talents are wasted at GSSF, they should be the next chairperson at the Fed.

10-4 on the shooting bag; even when I (someday) get promoted out of Am classes it'd be fun to be able to bring along another baby gun or two to shoot in a 3rd class; then again I'd be diving neck-deep in with my 34 UL gun. Guess that magnum-class S&W bag I got as a freebie may come in handy someday. If I can't fill it with guns I can always keep extra energy bars around for young Dwight.
    :animlol:

And regardless of bag size, at least they usually get lighter as the match wears on. :thumbsup:

:patriot:

C'mon Springtime!!!
    :upeyes:

19. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

-- 1st, 2nd, and 3rds are the same except that 2nd and 3rd have both been bumped up by $25 each.

-- 4th through 10th in Civilian and 4th & 5th in Guardian are gone. All the other random awards restricted to Civilian and Guardian only are gone as well. Those awards have gone into random awards awarded across the entire match, not across individual divisions.

-- The only random cash awards are a straight $50; twice the entry fee. No more random $100s, $75s, or $25s.

-- Before, except in Civilian and Guardian the only random cash awards were a single $25 award per division. Now, the random $50 cash awards are available for any entry in any division.

-- Challenged and Senior Guardians can now win those awards. They are no longer restricted to Civilian.

-- Random gun awards were only available in Civilian and Guardian. Now, Random gun awards are available for any entry in any division. The Random gun awards are not subject to the "share the wealth" rule for Masters.

-- Masters can now shoot Competition and Subcompact. They are shooting for $100, just as they have been in MajorSub, unless they can get enough Masters (10 per division) together to upgrade that prize to a gun. Upgrading the prize is new. Amateurs are still shooting for the same Gun & cash 2nd and 3rd prizes in those divisions so nothing has been taken away from them with this change.

-- The Master's Competition and Subcompact scores are eligible for the MatchMeister award. Expect to see some really cutthroat competition moving to the Competition division and away from Masterstock.

-- Before, the Masters had no chance at any random guns or any but the single $25 random award available in the 3 divisions they were limited to. Masters can now shoot in 5 divisions and every such entry has the same shot at both random gun and random $50 awards.

-- If there are more than 10 Amateurs or Masters in MajorSub, their old $100 1st prizes get upgraded to guns as well. With even more entries 2nd and 3rd place cash awards kick in as well.

-- Matches below 175 are going to see their prize lists curtailed considerably.

-- It does not matter what division you shoot because with the exception of the $100 first prizes, any entry you shoot has the same chances towards both the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes and random guna nd cash prizes. Again except for those $100 first prizes, awards are no longer Division specific.

Face it. If before you knew you are not skilled enough to take a 1st place gun in a Division, the only place where you could win a gun was a random gun in either Civilian or Guardian. So, you would just shoot that one entry and go home, right? Now, you can win a random gun with any entry, no matter what division it is in.

Bottom Line. If you want more prizes, shoot more. Practically every entry is going to be eligible for better random prizes.

If you want more prizes, bring your friends and families and have them shoot more as well.

Isn't that what this is all about?

:supergrin:

20. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Sounds really great so far!

Bring more shooter, and shoot more divisions or entries. Simple enough.

Looks like the Master made out great!

Pharaoh

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: