New GSSF member before April 1st.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Cain1, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Cain1

Cain1

Writing the check and mailing it in to GSSF before $35 dollar fee applies 4/1/05.

I'm very excited that I will have a chance to compete (First Timer). I printed last year rules and regulations.

I recently purchased a G19 which I have modified a little. I purchased a extended slide and magazine release. From what I have been reading, the mag release is a no no unless I compete in that class. Will someone at GSSF be able to take it out and install it later on if I ask/pay them?

C

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

A factory armorer will remove it and replace it with a factory part, free, but he may not re-install any aftermarket internal parts due to corporate liability issues.

3. Cain1

Cain1

So how many hours does one normally spend from beggining to end? Or do most of the people leave once they compete?

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I’ve shown up on a Sat AM at 0900, registered & joined as a walkup and been done with the match by 1130. But lots of people stay to watch others shoot, help new shooters, paste targets, visit the armorer & any vendors, meet & socialize with friends they’ve met online and drink it all in. Some others shoot & they’re outta there.

My plan when travelling any distance is to allow Sat for travel, check-in, socialize, and then shoot Sun AM, eat lunch & then shoot a 3rd division. You can spend the whole day/weekend, or blow in/out. AM’s seem to run the quickest in my limited experience; pre-registering helps everything tremendously. If your first event there will be some safety-related stuff you need to become familiar with.

Unless you’re really pressed for time, I suspect the more patient outlook makes the event more enjoyable so I'd recommend blocking out the day. Getting one’s money’s worth can involve more than just creating empty brass. ;f

edit: BTW, if your ext mag release & slide stop lever are Glock parts you can leave them in.

5. Cain1

Cain1

Thanks for the helpful information WIG19. I'm trying to convince a buddy of mine to purchase a Glock so I could have someone to drive to meets that might not be around the corner.

The extended slide release is Glock manufacturer but not sure about the mag release.

C

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

By all means encourage a friend to take it up with you! More than doubles the fun - then you can sit around after the results are posted with something cool & refreshing and play "if only" like the rest of us. ;f

Whenever you get ready for your first match, just check-in here on the appropriate "Who's going?" thread and you'll find it's very easy to hookup with many of the fine GSSF'ers here on GT. Any will be more than happy to give you some tips to get you thru the match once you meet up there.
    Have fun; stay safe! (and practice)
    :)