Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off the new grips I had made for my Sig... It's Honduran Rosewood burl made by "Sarge's Grips"... Right now I'm using the factory stainless screws, undecided if black might look better.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I love burl grips. I want to get another 1911 just so I have a reason to buy a set :embarassed:

·
Deluxe Member
1,085 Posts
The grips are beautiful indeed. They are some of the nicest wood grips I've ever seen.

I'd honestly find a different 1911 to put them on, but I guess they're were made specifically for the rounded grip frame.
They would look nice on a Kobra Carry, for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
126,719 Posts
No doubt, but the KC has a traditional bobtail. I'm not sure if they would fit correctly.

I'm probably in the minority, but I just don't care for Sig 1911 styling at all. I know they have the more traditional rounded slide models now which I feel look much better. They are very good quality, but I have never warmed up to my Sig STX due to the styling of it. That said, I don't really care for the styling of anything Sig builds in Exeter.

Either way, those grips are beautiful, OP. It makes me want to order a few sets for some of my 1911s. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
42,182 Posts
I had a stainless Kobra Carry that I had Sarge make a set of grips for. I believe they were Holly, looked a great deal like aged Ivory. He does great work, just wish he would offer checkered grips

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a stainless Kobra Carry that I had Sarge make a set of grips for. I believe they were Holly, looked a great deal like aged Ivory. He does great work, just wish he would offer checkered grips
I know it's not quite checkering, but he does offer stippling now... I just didn't want to detract from the wood...

I don't know last time you looked on his site either, but he offers true pre ban elephant ivory now, as well as other exotic animals such as stingray and rattlesnake... :cool:

·
Premium Member
42,182 Posts
I keep an eye on his site........stippling just is not the same.

·
Native Mainiac
24,625 Posts
Wicked nice looking grips for sure!!

I checked out his web site and it looks like Sarge can't whittle the wood fast enough to keep up with demand!!:supergrin: A whole lot of nice looking grips "SOLD". Good for him and hope he's making some money off his work.

Bad thing is I saw a few that I think would look wicked decent on a couple of my pistols.......think it's gonna' cost me some bucks and a lot of time waiting by the mail box.:supergrin:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would go with black screws.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wicked nice looking grips for sure!!

I checked out his web site and it looks like Sarge can't whittle the wood fast enough to keep up with demand!!:supergrin: A whole lot of nice looking grips "SOLD". Good for him and hope he's making some money off his work.

Bad thing is I saw a few that I think would look wicked decent on a couple of my pistols.......think it's gonna' cost me some bucks and a lot of time waiting by the mail box.:supergrin:
That's why I emailed him in the first place.. everything said sold... he said he keeps them up for pics and ideas for other people. When I emailed him I told him some of the pieces I liked, he replied back with several wood blanks that he thought I'd like..

Most of his business comes from that exact interaction he said.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts