close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock19 Gen4 Observations

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by acg8276, Jan 26, 2012.

1. acg8276

acg8276

So I picked up my first Glock yesterday. Having done months of waffling over a Glock or an XD I spent some time at the range with a buddy who has a 17 and I was sold. Having ordered the thing a couple weeks ago I've been reading more about the 19 and checking out videos. I was a little concerned with the recent reports of problems with some of the newer pieces coming out, fails to eject, fails to feed,extractor problems, spring issues etc.

Well after a quick cleaning me an my 11yr old son go down to the range to run some rounds thru it and get used to our new weapon. The boy spent some time dry firing while I loaded mags. He's put an empty casing on the slide up near the front sight and squeeze away. 9 out of 10 he had the casing sitting right where it started. So we go to live fire. Second round, boy shooting, failed to feed. WTF I'm thinking I got one of the problematic ones....Not so. After some discussion about not limp wristing the the gun the weapon had no more problems and worked great. The test fire date on our Glock is 12/30/12 BTW.

I've read some threads were folks have had problems with the casings coming back at them or not ejecting properly. Here is what we observed.

When my son was firing he had most of the shells eject straight up and back towards him, some landed in between his shirt and jacket. When I fired the gun all my casings landed in a nice group off to my right and back a little. So it seems ejection is in the hands of the shooter to some extent. I'm not suggesting there aren't Glocks out there with issues, I'm merely sharing our experience in the hopes it may help others.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. OrGlocker

OrGlocker

It seems to be a "Hit or Miss" with these Gen4 G19. If all else fails send it back to glock and have them go through, but here's another option and that is take it to a GSSF match and let the Armorer go through it and update it for you.

3. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Reread the OP's words I highlighted in red. There is nothing wrong with his gun. He merely highlighted what the majority of seasoned Glock shooters know: it's usually the Indian and not the arrow causing these so called Gen4 9mm "problems."

4. acg8276

acg8276

Yes....that's my thinking

5. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

Man I wish I had a gun from the future!!! :supergrin:

Sorry I had to....Congrats on the new Glock!!!

6. acg8276

acg8276

You got me, and I thought it would take me until Feb. to start getting the year right on my checks when the bills get paid.

7. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Oh, PLEASE teach us how to shoot. When are you offering your training class????:upeyes:

8. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

You could make a mint teaching people how to shoot. Sign me up!!!

Maybe Glock will hire you so they won't have to produce and ship all those new parts!!!!

9. acg8276

acg8276

Well I'm sure there is one thing I can't teach you any more about

10. dpetty83

dpetty83

Ha these people saying its limp wristing have NO idea what they are talking about. Don't listen one bit to their big headed non-sense. I have a Gen 2 G19 and a New Gen 4 19. Not once had I had any problems with my Gen 2 with over 3000 rounds! While shooting 500 rounds on my gen 4 I had 8 malfunctions and brass all in my face. I sent it in to Glock on their dime.
    To all you nay sayers... Why would Glock be spending all this money to fix these guns? Well cause its not performing like a glock! They are paying my shipping both ways and replacing a handful of parts. They admitted to me over the phone it is parts out of spec.

11. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

You need testosterone shots, hit the gym, Wheaties, etc. In other words "man up, Buttercup." You get the drift. :supergrin:

:rofl:

12. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Nice try, but you are avoiding the subject. I would rather spend my money being trained by you. You make all of these claims but have nothing to back them up. The least you could do is volunteer to bring everyone up to your skill level. :upeyes:

It probably won't take you much time to post a video with your IDPA, USPSA, Tac 3-Gun and Steel Challenge tips.

No?? I didn't think so.

13. XDm2Glocks&w

XDm2Glocks&w

So I picked up my second Glock (G23) and its a gen 4. my first one I didn't even get to fire it since I sold it for $150 more than I bought it for a day later. The trigger on these Glocks are trash compared to my XDm. I have not had a sigle failure myself but I have seen the same thing when my 11 year old shoots with the spent casing coming back in his face but mine eject just fine.

14. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

The "subject" is that you love to troll this forum and spread your anti-Glock agenda. If you don't like Glock then why post here? Why not go to the SIG Forum or 1911.com? :dunno:It's obvious you despise Glocks as a whole. For the life of me I think some of these negative posters must really have serious mental issues as they just go on & on & on...like a drunk we all know that harps on an ex-wife that left him 20 yrs. ago.

So, the subject is also that if you think Glock is so stupid and ignorant then why would you even want to own one, let alone hang out on a forum for Glocks every day? :dunno: In my mind, that is MENTAL. There is simply no sane & rational reason why. Answer me this as I really am curious to know the inner workings of your thought process. :wavey:

15. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Trying to divert again. What is "stupid and ignorant" are your statements claiming everyone who is having problems with their Glocks are poor shooters yet you avoid telling us what makes you a "seasoned" shooter. When challenged you go off on a rant.

WHAT MAKES YOU A "SEASONED" SHOOTER??

16. acg8276

acg8276

I startred the thread you holier than thou piece of work and it is titled OBSERVATIONS that might help others. Just sharing what we picked up on by simply watching and learning. Something you seem to be above. If you don't like the content tough ****. Go piss in your own cereal.

17. bunk22

bunk22

I think that's a fair question. There are a few self-proclaimed experts who always chime in when there is an issue. Many folks have explained enough that it's not the shooter, time to move on to mechanical issues. Amazing that one has to fire the right ammo, hold a gun with a specific grip, to get it to work properly. My Sig, XD's, Beretta's have never needed that.

18. acg8276

acg8276

My son had the fail to feed on Remington ammo and we went thru 100 of the "problematic to many" Federal raounds with no issues. And at no time did I claim to be an expert. Nor will I allow some holier than though POS to attack me without a rebuttal, not you the Dragon bozo.

19. gsmullins

gsmullins

Thanks for posting your observation and experience. The part where your son's ejection pattern changed with some attention to grip and hold is a useful data point. :cool:

mully

20. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Took my new Gen4 Glock 19 out today for a quick spin also.I only fired 78 rds of win white box and so far no problems,spent casings off to the side with no problems.Test fire date was 01/09/2012. I'm real happy with it so far.I was in a hurry and just fired the 3 mags and a 33rd mag I already had and fired all as fast as I could.Just wanted to start the break in process and seat all the parts in place.Next week when time permits I'll fire it more.Next Glock I think I'll put on layaway is the fishgill 17 that was sitting in the display case.:supergrin: