close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hatecomeseasy, May 6, 2002.

1. hatecomeseasy

hatecomeseasy

I just bought my first glock today! I had had a springfield .45 compact before but i wanted something a bit small/light weight for carry. But anyways i had a few questions i thought i could come here for help with
    well took the gun apart and i found this odd copper type oil all over the slide and stuff, I havent ever seen anything close to it, is that like packing grease and i should clean it all off or leave it or what. Second question I read some where that i should not keep alot of oil on the slide and parts, is this true or is it a better idea to keep it well oiled?

2. alien-Glocker

alien-Glocker

The copper color material is a factory applied ant-seize lubricant. Just leave it on, its ok. NEVER over lubricate your Glock! It’s not required and will only tend to help with the accumulation of debris build up. Read the manual—the most important part to lube is where the trigger bar meets the connector—rear right side of frame. Very lightly on the rails and other required parts---single drop each location.

There are many threads here on cleaning and lubrication. IMHO--unless you are in an extreme climate or geographic area (hot/cold, sand/wet….)most all recognized cleaning and lubrication products are fine to use on your Glock.

3. plow78

plow78

The copper like substance as you see is the factory gun lube and NO do not wipe it off and Glocks function best with less lube than alot of lube!

4. rbaker2778

rbaker2778

THe copper colored material is not gun lube per se, rather, it is an anti-sieze compound applied at the factory so the guns don't lock up. I believe the manual says to leave it on, which works fine, however, there is no harm in cleaning it off. It really makes no difference. I leave it on my new glocks for 500 rounds, then give the gun a really thorough cleaning, removing any of the anti sieze if there is any left. In all honesty, do as you want, because it worn't effect the gun negatively either way. THe comments about oil in the above posts are correct. Just a few drops will do you fine. Good luck with the new pistol.

5. sgtf109

sgtf109

Hey dude you came to the right place! First wipe that crape out of you weapon, clean it good , then place a total of 5 drops in the weapon as follows; one drop on each side of the slide ,one in the lower recieve mech, one, on the outside and one on the inside of the barrell. thats all ya need on any glock.