New Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocktor, May 7, 2005.

1. Glocktor

Glocktor

Just picked up a glock G35 for shooting limited class USPSA matches. I've been shooting single stack 1911's for long time, I have one of just about every brand and they all run great with 8 round mags but always choke ;0 with 10 round mags. Hoping to experiance the legondary Glock reliability in a match. Any pointers on shooting a glock in USPSA would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

To make the glock really sing, practice & use the glock trigger reset. Your splits & target acquisition times can be excellent. If you keep the trigger stock & use the 1911 trigger slap method, you may have decent times but your accuracy is likely to suffer.
    Trigger reset: acquire first target, stage trigger, squeeze shot, hold trigger pinned back, if it is a double tap target, reacquire sight picture, release trigger back only to the point where it "clicks". You then are ready to fire your next shot. Squeeze, hold trigger back, prepare for next shot, acquire target, release to "click", squeeze shot. Remember to remove finger from trigger as you move from one shooting area to another or go for reloads. Using this reset method, you no longer need to do all the pretravel stuff. IMHO it will make for very quick splits & you can maintain your sight picture easier.
    One more thing, do not oil your glock as if it were a 1911. If it is staying stock, use just about 4-6 drops for the entire gun. DO NOT LET the striker channel get any oil or lube in it at all!
    Good luck, welcome to Glock reliability!
    MLM

3. Glocktor

Glocktor

Thanks for the info you sound like an experianced glock competitor I will give the "trigger reset" a try, that is how I have been dry firing. Any input on holsters and mag pouches?

4. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I guess experienced is a good word. Glad you didn't say a good glock shooter. hahah. Anyway, the holsters & so forth all depend a lot on what type of competition you are going to get involved with. I shoot uspsa in Limited catagory(most often) & in that game, I use a CR Speed holster, belt, & the Versa pouches, all made by Rescomp. Before that, I was using a hogue powerspeed & safariland pouches with a midwayusa belt. I believe it was a definite move up when I went to the cr speed holster, the mag pouches I'm not sure there is any big difference, to be honest. The Rescomp are available through a bunch of places, I get all mine through Brownells. I have occasionally shot in Production Class which is similar in some respects to idpa & for that I have used a sidearmor holster, or a fobus one & fobus double mag pouches. The fobus stuff has sort of a bad rep but I've had nothing but good success with mine, even the holster. Production shooting I normally do with a model 17 so the fobus items get you in the game very affordably. I've heard the Uncle Mike's & also Comp-tac(sp?) are also very good & affordable holsters.
    I'm going to send you a PM on one issue, though, so check your pm. It is about purchasing stuff.
    Good luck, have fun. MLM