New Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock34-35, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Glock34-35

Glock34-35

I am going to buy my first new glock/handgun ever and am thinking about the G21. Would this be a wise choice or should i think of something like a G22 or 17 at this point the main concern is ammo prices, how much more is .45 ammo opposed to .40. The main usage will be range shooting and home defense.Thanks;K

2. CyberGlock

CyberGlock

Here in Alabama at my local range, you can get a box of 50 .45 cal fmj's, good for target shooting, for $10. I buy all my ammunition there because the ranges down here are cheaper than anywhere else. ALso they give you discounts if you buy in bulk. I got a box of 20 Hornaday .45 cal 200 grain jhp's for $12.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Go to a gun store that rents them. Rent every single one you've thought about.

Then (BEFORE YOU BUY) go and just hold and handle everything in the store.

You do not have to choose which one, you will know. Even if it's not a glock, you'll know which one's right. Stay with .38/9mm and above and get one that feels right, then find the ammo it shoots without fail and you'll have the perfect gun.

DanH

4. Paratwa

Paratwa

Actually if you shop around you can probably find it for about the same price. Lots of ammo available on the internet. If it really a concern go with the 9mm Glock 19 or Glock 17. 9mm ammo is very inexpensive I have been seeing it for around $100 a case at the local gun shows and not more on the net.
    Natchez has 40 S&W Blazer 180grain for 6.99 a box S&B 7.60 a box.
    9mm blazer 115grain 4.99 a box S&B 9mm 115 grain 5.09 a box
    45 ACP Blazer 7.99 a box S&B 8.25 a box.
    Good Luck
    ;)