New glock/trials and tribulation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HunterG23, Feb 6, 2013.

1. HunterG23

HunterG23

Louisville ky is just about glock free in gun stores. Seems folks are buying them up so fast glock can't keep up with demand. So I have been hot on getting a glock 19. Been calling every store in 50 miles looking for one. After 2 weeks of calling Tilfords gun store got 3 in yesterday and 2 were sold the same day. Compounding the issue I'm on vacation this week and wife has to take car to go to work. So I called a friend from work to drive me to bank so I can get some cash as I only had 500 in my pocket. My bank closes at 5 pm and we rolled up at 5:30. So on to the gun store and there in all it's glory a gen 3 glock 19, the coveted and last one in town. I explained that my bank was closed so they agreed to let me pay 500 today, did the paper work, showed them my CCL and got a receipt with 61.00 to pay tomorrow. Not bad a brand new glock for 529.00 plus tax! Cheapest place in all the land. Heck you can't touch a gen 3 anything for under 600. Tomorrow I'm taking my wife to work, hit the bank and you can find me at the range. I carry glock 30sf and I love it to carry but it's murder at the range.

2. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Good nab, amigo.
    The Glock 19 is a great pistol ... for a 9mm. :tongueout:
    Other than my 1911s, I tend to shoot my Glock 23 a lot and I have a whole safe full of other pistols.
    You will enjoy it.

3. HunterG23

HunterG23

I used to have g23 but I retired from .40 as its too snappy for me. So I'm all .45 for carry and 9mm for range. With my pump shotgun at my bedside I feel good about my defence needs. Well now to track down some anmo, /grumbles

4. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

TG&G had some yesterday (Tuesday) when I was there. In case anyone is interested. I don't think the prices were bloated either.

5. HunterG23

HunterG23

I picked up my shiny, err black as coal G19 today and hit the range. Didn't clean it, just right out of the box ran 50 PMC ball ammo and grouped respectably at 21 feet. TG&G has military brass reloads with 124 gr speer gold dots for 20 bucks a bag of 50. I got 2 bags and shot 5 from each bag and everyone went bang. The Speer gold dots went bang harder than the PMC ball. I did shoot a box of 50 .45 through my new G30sf, lot if brass hit me on my head, is that because its needing to break in, or should I send it glock to see if there is a problem? Thanks all, had a rocking good time.