close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lharken, Jan 26, 2003.

1. lharken

lharken

I just got my first Glock last week, a 30. It was new and came with two magazines, I picked up a third new mag for it while I was there. This weekend I noticed that one of the mags is different. And it's one that came with the gun, not the extra. All of these differences are in the followers. Two of them have the 45 mark on the front of the follower and the number 3955 on the slide lock notch. They are more rounded, angle away from the body in the rear and are angled away from the front of the mag body. THe other one has the 45 stamped in the back of the follower, a 1 on the slide lock notch and is longer and higher. I've attached some pics. It looks like the odd one might have been designed to keep rounds from nosediving under recoil. Any ideas whats going one here?

Also I had read about the Glock copper lube and to leave it where away naturally. I was suprised to see almost no lube on it. Just a little in the rail cuts and around the where the slide passes over the connector. Does this sound about right? Or did the dealer get to wild getting it presentable?

Thanks for any thoughts

Lou;U

2. lharken

lharken

Actually, they are not otherwise the same. THe mold marks on the plastic bodies are different as well. Not in anyway that would matter, but they definitely came from different linage molds.

Lou

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

No big deal. They all work just fine.