close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new glock owner

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by duckroper, Mar 20, 2006.

1. duckroper

duckroper

I recentley purchased a used G24. From reading this forum I now know I would be limited to the competition section of GSSF events. Being a beginner, I have a feeling I would be way over my head. My question is, could it still be a fun experience for me, or would I be better off waiting to attend an event until I have more experience or a standard pistol? Thanks for any replies

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Competition Category is defined by pistol, not by shooter's ability. Come on out and enjoy the GSSF experience with your G24.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shoot 3 master classes, not because i'm a master or even want to pretend i am, but because i like to shoot and it gives me 3 more classes to shoot in.

4. Terminator

Terminator

Just come on out and have fun with your new gun. :)
    Thats what its all about.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

As stated, come on out and have fun. Actually, if you'd like to shoot just for the sake of shooting, nothing prevents you from also registering to shoot in the Unlimited division; maybe a 'warm-up' to shooting in the Competition division... just have fun.

Where are you located?

;?

6. duckroper

duckroper

Thanks for the replies everybody. I now will feel more comfortable showing up at my first event. I live in SW Washington, so am looking to the event in Shelton on 8/12-8/13. Maybe also in Roseburg Or in early June, it sounds like a lot of fun. Does anybody now of any other fun type events to get involved with in my area?. I sure appreciate anybody taking the time to help me out with information.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I see by the GSSF League site that your nearest events are over in Spokane or down in Eugene. You might check to see if a nearby range runs USPSA (domestic version of IPSC) and shoot a few of those. PSA is, I believe, much more forgiving of the very existence of your G24 than IDPA is.

:patriot:

Edit: I'd also recommend you get a copy of the book The Glock in Competition which you can find here. It'll be one of the best $20 bills you spend.

8. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Check to see if there are any Steel Challenge matches in your area. Those are a boat load of fun.