close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New glock owner/problem with trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by loadedround, Mar 15, 2004.

1. loadedround

loadedround

Guys I have a dumb question to ask but would rather ask it here than in front of my dealer. I just bought a brand new model 21 in 45 acp and have not shot it yet. I think something may be wrong with the trigger. I can cylce the slide and pull the trigger and it fuctions normally. However the trigger stays back in the fired position until I cycle the slide again. I can pull the trigger forward, but still have to cycle the slide. Is this normal? Want to be sure before firing it with live ammo. Thanks for your help.

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

yes, it is perfectly normal.

By the way, you don't have to cycle the slide completely back to re-set the trigger. Just gently pull the slide back about 1/2" until you hear that little "click" then let slide go forward...that's the trigger bar resetting in front of the firing pin lug.

3. loadedround

loadedround

Thank you. I now can sleep peacefully tonight!

4. Gecko10

Gecko10

It is only normal for the following Glock models:

17, 17L, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36.

;)

Welcome to the board! You're going to like the 21. Very soft shooting .45.

5. bluewater

bluewater CLM

Gecko - How about the 37???
    :(

6. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

The pressure of the fired round will perform the action you are currently doing by manually cycling the round. Since that doesn't exist of course during dry fire, the trigger won't reset for the next round because the slide isn't being automatically cycled by pressure. Using this realization then you could correctly assume that after the last round in the mag is fired, you'll be in the same boat, with the trigger in it's rearard position. (and the slide locked back of course). Welcome to GlockTalk!--JJ

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Run a patch through your barrel, add one drop of oil to both slide rails and smear one more around the outside of the barrel.

Also, might I suggest that you tiptoe through your owners manual before you shoot your new Glock?

;?