Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New here on the forum after buying my 1st glock. Not new to guns(1911's,SW revo's,Beretta's). It's a used 22 from CDNN. Internals look great, with a few frame nicks and slide finish wear. Mags are marked LE/Govt, So I assume it was carried more than shot. It has the straight grip, so it has to be a 1st or 2nd gen. SN# starts with AZR. Tru-Dot night sights are marked MH3, so I'd bet the sights were made in 2003. They are very dull and I'll probably replace them to get my 22 back to stock. Which leads me to a few questions:

1)What are the stock front & rear sight heights I should buy? I like the original non-adjustable sights from when glocks first came to the USA.

2)What is the stock connector weight? 8 lb or 5.5lb?

3)Is my frame part of the "E" series that had some frame rail breakage? Is there a chart or info to see if my frame falls into this?

4)The trigger safety has about 1/2 free travel play (swings freely) before you have any spring tension. Should this spring need to be replaced or is it normal?

Thanks for all your help!
Vipe

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
Hey all,
New here on the forum after buying my 1st glock. Not new to guns(1911's,SW revo's,Beretta's). It's a used 22 from CDNN. Internals look great, with a few frame nicks and slide finish wear. Mags are marked LE/Govt, So I assume it was carried more than shot. It has the straight grip, so it has to be a 1st or 2nd gen. SN# starts with AZR. Tru-Dot night sights are marked MH3, so I'd bet the sights were made in 2003. They are very dull and I'll probably replace them to get my 22 back to stock. Which leads me to a few questions:

1)What are the stock front & rear sight heights I should buy? I like the original non-adjustable sights from when glocks first came to the USA.
Off the top of my head, the stock front sight height is .165" and the rear sight for 9/40/357 guns is 6.5mm, or .256".

The standard trigger pull on a new G22 would be 5.5#.

3)Is my frame part of the "E" series that had some frame rail breakage? Is there a chart or info to see if my frame falls into this?
If you serial number prefix started with an "E" it may be one of the problem-prone guns. It's not, so it isn't.

4)The trigger safety has about 1/2 free travel play (swings freely) before you have any spring tension. Should this spring need to be replaced or is it normal?
It's most likely normal. But, if you want to, go ahead and put in a new trigger spring.

Vipe

My answers in red.

:welcome: to GT and congratulations on the G22! :thumbsup:

There are no 1st gen. G22s, so your gun is a 2nd gen. Also, MH3 has nothing to do with the year your sights were made. There is usually a year, 95, 04, etc. on the sights, but they often get rubbed off.

If the sights are very dull, they're most likely as old as the gun. Your gun, according to the Serial Number Research Project, is July 1994 vintage.

·
just me
8,179 Posts
welcome to GT !!!! and you can call glock at 770-432-1202 to see if it is on the list

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey all,

Vipe
Believe it or not some LEOs actually do go shooting often. So a former LEO gun may have seen a lot of use.

As stated 6.5 is the correct rear sight height on a 9/40/357.

If it is indeed a former LEO Glock than you more than likely have an 8lb trigger pull which is aquired with either an 8lb connector or a NY1 trigger with the standard 5lb connector. If you take your slide off and look at the trigger housing mechanism and see an olive color than you have a NY1 trigger. Or if you see a "+" symbol on the connector than you have an 8lb connector. If there is no symbol on the connector you have a 5 lb connector.

The slack before the actual trigger pull is normal.

I'm not aware of which 22s had problems. As stated call Glock for that info.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
:welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
808 Posts
The H3 is a marking used to denote the tritium in the night sights and has nothing to do with the manufacture date. Since your s/n begins with ATZ, it's not affected by the E series recall which would be a s/n E**. 5.5# connector in your G22 and there's some pretravel in all Glock connectors/triggers. Enjoy your new purchase.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Welcome!:wavey:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Welcome!!! I'm too new here myself to answer any of your questions but am enjoying seeing the responses of the more experienced G owners (which is part of the fun of going on these forums.)

:wavey::eek:die:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picture if you will, a model 22 that is stock except for Tru-dot sights. Just kidding! I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but will.
Thanks for the warm welcome and answers to my questions.
I'll probably replace my trigger safety spring (the plastic tab that your finger touches swings free about 1/2 way before you feel any tension). I'll also get some plastic stock sights, because I like the "U" and the dot.
Vipe

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
The H3 is a marking used to denote the tritium in the night sights and has nothing to do with the manufacture date. Since your s/n begins with ATZ, it's not affected by the E series recall which would be a s/n E**. 5.5# connector in your G22 and there's some pretravel in all Glock connectors/triggers. Enjoy your new purchase.
And the "M" in "MH3" stands for Meprolight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts