GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a brand new Gen 5 19. Love it. It’s grey, didn’t think I’d like much but actually really do! I like being different I guess. And got an awesome deal on it! Lower than anywhere I have seen.

Currently have a Kimber 1911 and an XD-Subcompact 9mm. The XD is my usual carry, but I don’t carry often either. Started looking for a good reliable truck gun that fit me well and I can carry if needed, but large enough for a bedside gun too.

Here was my short list, all in 9mm (because I already have a reasonable supply).

Glock 19
Canik Combat Elite
FN 509 C Tactical
S&W MP 9 2.0
CZ P10 C

The Canik was nice, but a bit more than the Glock and I wasn’t crazy about the trigger. Great for range, not as much for personal defense. I have a 1911 for range duty.

FN 509 has some striker issues, last thing I need of my life depends on it is a striker failure. Pass

MP 9 - I couldn’t find any locally to hold, so that was out, but still intrigued.

CZ - again non locally, so that was also out.

Enter the Glock 19, gen 5! What sold it was fit, my hands love glocks apparently, and the know reliability. I won’t be doing a bunch of mods, but nice to know I can basically set up however I please as things wear.

Only 10 rounds through it, but great shooter, easy to manage and very comfortable for me.

Now time to find a good holster and lots more Ammo!

PS, I didn’t know they got away from the half moon pinky area cut out! That was just a bonus!

3 sides of flare—need to find something for the rear now!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Fine piece you got there -- and welcome from Alabama.

·
JAFO
4,495 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Welcome to GT

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Oh that's sexy. I like the grey. Nice beavertail too. That's how I like mine too. But I envy the grey!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Congrats on your G19 welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Congrats and welcome to GT.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
28,930 Posts
Enjoy GT 🇺🇸

1 - 12 of 12 Posts