Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, been a lurker here for quite some time. Not new to guns just to glocks. I spent 4 hours at the range today having a blast.

Picked up a G19 a bit ago to add to the freedom arsenal, went to the range and threw some rounds down. It’s just like an extension of my hand, so natural. I love it. 30 yards not much trouble keeping in a pie plate. I think its my 2nd favorite gun now behind my BM contour. I’m surprised at the bark the little guy has compared to the p228. Starting to get why you guys are so nutty about glocks. Now Id like a 26 to keep the 19 company. I think the 19 will inherit the TLR1 and move to a more prominent position in home defense.

I do have a non glock question, I also bought a XD45 Compact. Its new and I just ran about 100 rounds through it. While being very accurate and fitting well it seems to be very unforgiving on grip and trigger control. I have to work to keep the rounds where I want them. I don’t seem to have this issue with my other handguns. The first 10-12 rounds I couldn’t get on paper, but after 30-40 I was getting much tighter. Sitting on a bench it’s easy to tie the holes together but offhand difficult. I was getting progressively better. When I shot and missed the paper it was very low, I am inline vertically, shooting at 6:00 but very low. Early I had the low left issue but that was definitely how I was pulling the trigger. I was drilling dryfire, 2 rounds, new mag, dry fire, 2 rounds and could watch myself push the gun left. I cleared that up but I really had to ‘think’ about hitting the center of the paper and when I did that I had no issues. Is this just the sights or how I’m holding the weapon, looking for advise before I give up and sell it. In a stressful situation I don’t want to have to think about is my thumb in the right spot etc. I just want to be comfortable reacting and shooting.

Thanks,

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had the XD-45 comp.
sold it.
got the G36 5 days ago.
why?
much lighter for carry, and in my hands more accurate, just felt plain felt better.
dont get my wrong, the Xd is a good pistol,
I just had a calling back to the dark side I guess....

maybe the xd isnt for you...:dunno:

·
Premium Member
42,437 Posts
I always liked the XD,..... but something was missing.
Never did figure it out. Sild the XD.
Recently bought a XDm 40 to replace a G22,.....LOVE IT!
It gets use as a HD weapon and a range gun.

·
Premium Member
22,868 Posts
I have an XD .40 set up for competition. I really like the feel in the hand and the way it shoots. Reality is, I shoot the G35 better so that's what I'm using. My wife can shoot the XD better. Some guns fit some people better than others.

Sometimes you have to choose what works better for you rather than what you like better. :dunno:

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
Maybe you just need to keep practicing with the XD. When I first had my two SIG P229s I didn't shoot them straight without really focusing. After putting in the short triggers in each and more practice I shoot them fine.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
The 45 Glocks work fine, I have had my G21 for 9 years now, no problems with it or the 36 ( 7 years old ) or the 30 O had for 6 years.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It's just a practise issue. I found that when I first got my Glock 19 I was horrible with it but in time learned how to grip it and improved my trigger control. I also found that switching back and forth from Sig to Glock is confusing to the brain because each gun has a very different feel. You may need to pick a favorite and stick with it!

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
whatever fits/works for you is whatever it is. May not be an XD.

However - let's don't overlook practice. a lot of shooting with a single/specific gun can really develop a lot of little compensations that work with that gun, but also mess you up with other guns. May take a while to overcome them...

·
Banned
312 Posts
whatever fits/works for you is whatever it is. May not be an XD.

However - let's don't overlook practice. a lot of shooting with a single/specific gun can really develop a lot of little compensations that work with that gun, but also mess you up with other guns. May take a while to overcome them...
Aceman nails it on the head here. While I shoot my G19 just fine, I can't stand the grip. However, when I fire my XD-45, the grip and trigger just seem to work better for me.

I'd go with whatever works best for you. Both are fine, reliable guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.