Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, been lurking for about 3 weeks. I recently bought a LE turn in 3rd gen G22. I love it. I've only put 100 rounds through it but they were all a pleasure. Got bit by the Glock bug and just ordered a Gen4 Glock 23 with night sights from Ed's, through the GSSF program. I'm very excited about this one. Now I need a Holster for it to be able to conceal carry. What recommendations does the forum have for me. I would like something that would work for both guns but I will be carrying the 23 most. I can't carry at work but will carry most other places. Thanks for the help.

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Holsters are like opinions...everyone has one....everyone thinks theirs are the best.

It will be mostly trial and error, no offense. Find a friend who has some holsters and try them out. There are tone of holsters. I have at three I use at different times.

Nothing wrong with listening to the GT crew, but ultimately, you have to make a choice for you. Trial and error. :cool:

:wavey:

red

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
As long as you have a holster with a fully open bottom you will have not issues. If you buy holster with a molded or closed or crimped bottom for the G23 the G22 will not fit, if you buy it for the G22 the G23 will have some extra room/length. Look at Crossbreed is my favorite, a G34, G17, G19 and G26 all fit in the same holster I have but the longer the gun the more that sticks out the bottom.

Side Armor, my G19 fits perfect in the G26 holster you might wanna call them to see if the G22 fits in the G23 holster. Blade Tech (they have several open and closed bottoms). When placing a G22 in a G23 holster it will stick out the bottom more. Make sure if a picture does not fully show if the G22 can fit in the G23 version or vise versa call the company so you don't waste money.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I like various holster-makers; there are MANY good guys out there.
My preference is Milt Sparks Summer Special II for IWB. Gary Brommeland and his MaxConV is very good. Both of these are expensive but good; about $150 each and wait 4 months for delivery. Galco is good and very popular.
Don Hume makes good holsters on the cheap, maybe $30 or so.
The Comp-tac MTAC and CTAC are synthetic or hybrid leather and kydex and are much desired by many readers here. Very good for hot weather use and very light and low bulk.
Do a search; there are tons of threads about suitable holsters.
Also look at threads from the Carry Issues portion of this site. Here is the link:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21
You'll see a thread which is a "Compiled list of holster makers near the top."
S2

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
I just picked up one of those Max Con V Brommeland holsters for my G19. It's an IWB and fantastic. At the same time, I also picked up a Garrity's Gunleather Inconspicuous (IWB with clip) holster for the same gun. It is also a fantastic, yet smaller, holster. The quality of both is great. The Garrity's has a slightly smoother inside- he may lacquer the inside or somehow smoothen it out. Both have a really impressive level of attention to detail. I may eventually sell one but I had to try both and am not disappointed. I have owned Don Hume, Bianchi, Galco, DeSantis, and one more bigger name I forget, but these two are superior in attention to detail and moulding to the G19.

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
Oh, I am also very intrigued by Kolbebson Leather so ordered a leather-lined Kydex (camo) holster for my HK USPc .40. He has pictures on Facebook as well and his stuff looks absolutely fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts