New glock models

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Folsom_Prison, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

As mentioned in my mag thread the other night I’ve been out of the glock loop. Seeing posts here, 43x, 48, 19x or whatever. I had to look up these models to be honest. Now I’m wondering what’s with the hype?

A 19x, that’s some back ackwards stuff imo just like the 43x. I’ve had a conceal carry permit over ten years now. In all that time and different guns I’ve carried, the biggest issue I’ve found has been grip length imo not thickness.

Correct me if I’m wrong but a 48 is just a single stack 9 the same size as a 19? Whew that extra C*** hair of thickness is a byotch to carry around.

I just don’t get it, who’s designing glock stuff now, Joe Biden? Are they just throwing stuff on the drawing board to see what sticks?

I was a diehard glock guy for quite a while then ventured out. I remember on here when glock came out with a single stack and it was a 380, people were pissed. Then the 9 and Shields still sold like hot cakes.

I guess if you put glock on something many fools will part with their money.

2. JBP55

JBP55

You may not like it but Glocks are selling as fast as they can make them. The Gen 5 Glocks are selling out nationwide. If you do not like Glocks why are you on this forum?

THX101, Paul53 and jmohme like this.

3. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

Had I not shot a G19X, I would have thought the same thing: why would you want a taller frame and a shorter slide when the exact opposite would be way more accurate? Then I shot one and had it not been for that hideous color, I would have kept the one I did end up buying. I haven't yet figured out why the darned thing was accurate, but it was.

Folsom_Prison and Paul53 like this.
  4. KappaAlphaASU

KappaAlphaASU

I said the same thing until I handled a 43X several times. Then I bought one and some shield arms mags for it. Now I can’t be convinced that any other combination is better. Ive done many transition drills and shot it at distance too. It’s a tough one to beat. Neither one of my 19s out perform the 43X in any way that I can tell.

Folsom_Prison, slamdunc and Paul53 like this.
  5. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Some people will be pissed, no matter what you do. The Glock 42 was a great idea that people begged for for years. For a lot of people it's still one of the most shootable, yet still concealable .380 handguns out there. As JBP55 put it, Glocks are selling as fast as they can make them. After purchasing my first Glock, a 17 Gen 4, I went on a Glock buying binge of Gen 4 models in multiple sizes and calibers and I'm now well into double digits. When the 42 was first announced and later the 43, I commented that we were getting the first glimpses of Gen 5. Both filled a niche and did it well. My wife carried a 42 and I carried a 43 for a few years, but both have since been replaced and are no longer carried. The 43X, 48 and none of the Gen 5 models interest me, but a lot of people really like them. I'm okay with that. Unless more Gen 4 models are released or I see something in that I like when Gen 6 is released, my Glock collection has come to a close. I'm still very happy with all of my Gen 4 Glocks and I'm still a fan.

Folsom_Prison likes this.
  6. B58

B58

I have yet to buy a Glock and I find all the different models a bit confusing but I'm getting to know them little by little. I will sort my way through them eventually and get the ones I like then wait for something new. I just found out yesterday about the blue line guns and have been looking at those too.

7. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

There are many other manufacturers that offer other pistols, no need to be miserable and complain about Glocks on a Glock forum.

Grabbrass, Couch000, Redeemed and 2 others like this.
  8. Sechott

Sechott

The 19X/45 size is excellent for open carry while driving a car. That 1/2" shorter slide relieves upward pressure on the holster, especially with bucket seats. The 43X allows a full grip for most hands and good ammo capacity. While still being light weight and decent concealment. The 48 is right at 1/4" slimmer than the 19, and most people have the benefit to press the mag release while maintaining proper grip.
    I'm happy that Glock is giving consumers more choices that makes small differences to some, and big differences to others.

9. 9mmskng

9mmskng

Get back in your Foxhole Red!

HEXE9 and Pepiot like this.
  10. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Well, I am not as harsh in description, but there are Old Time Glock Bois as well as new ones.

Myself, still owning (7) Glocks and (1) Ruger revolver, with no intention of purchasing else but another revolver if need be.

I am a Gen 3 fan and I will not bore you with why or the why nots of the other stuff.

Glock has changed directions, MONEY is now its only motivation. I cannot slight the accomplishment of earnings nor a 90 year olds stamina to do so.

What you should realize is the blindness some show in decisions, appreciate the show and lets see where it ends.

11. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Nobody cares.

Fortunately GT has a great IGNORE option so we don’t have to deal with TROLLS like you.

GeoJelly and Paul53 like this.
  12. Rocky7

Yoi, not a Troll nor a Fan Bois. Just a different opinion.

WPGlocks likes this.
  13. OdinIII

OdinIII

What is this blindness you are talking about? Just because you value a feature that may be better in a different brand doesn’t mean that I can’t value a different feature more than the one you like.

You’ll be waiting a long time for the debate to not be Glock vs everything else.

Paul53 likes this.
  14. OdinIII

OdinIII

Why not share your opinions instead of denigrating other members? Can your opinions not stand up to scrutiny?

15. Trademark

Trademark tabula rasa

B58,
    I too was confused about all the different Glock models. Luckily, I found the one true Glock 20. All the others play specialized roles for which they are very good. The 20 however can do it all with ease.
    Stay on the straight and narrow path and do not be enticed by others with their “best caliber” siren song.
    Welcome to Glock Talk. Waders are suggested!

B58 likes this.
  16. Rocky7

Sorry, you can debate whomever, myself not interested in convincing YOU of anything.

17. Rocky7

If you feel denigrated then thats your problem and you have accepted a label. I have verbalized my comments in past threads.

18. Rocks

Rocks

I'm done buying single stacks anything.
    I just bought a G30 and would ike to see Glock come out with a double stack 42 and a Sig P365 size 9mm.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  19. Mike-M

Mike-M

Why so many models? Notice that they are all in the mediocre and ancient 9x19mm round...and appeal to a gullible market that will buy any new 9mm bauble that Glock makes even though they already own other models in the same caliber. Especially when some corrupt big federal agency adopts it!

Break from that crowd and adopt a weapon using one of the only two modern high performance rounds that Glock makes: 357SIG or 10mm. You won't find any confusion of models in those mature product lines.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  20. Sechott

Sechott

I'd like to see Glock make a 43X size in 357sig that holds 8+1.

ambulldog, Trademark and GeoJelly like this.