Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the gun show and bought some G22 10 round mags and they don't look like the ones that originally came with my G22.

Check out the photos:
My old regular G22 on the left & NEW G22 on the right.

Notice the three holes on the side of the new one:

Back has the ".40" and "Glock" symbols at a different location:

Follower (#1 & #4) and metal linings are very different:

Lastly, check out the shapes of the sides from the rear:

So what's the deal? The new one is a bit harder to load into the mag well, by the way.

Thanks.

·
Proud Infidel
1,626 Posts
isn't glock up to #7 or #8 followers? this would tell me you have two older mags.

<---defers to butch

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...should I get my money back? I paid $23.

I have yet to try them out at the range.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I think I would go ahead and try them. If you have a problem, I think Glock would probably send you whatever follower you wanted (if in stock). They will see to it that your mags work.
At

·
Florist
19,999 Posts
And how is the new mag harder to fit in the mag well? Are you loading the mag (fully loaded) when the slide is closed? Yes that will be more difficult with a new magazine.

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And how is the new mag harder to fit in the mag well? Are you loading the mag (fully loaded) when the slide is closed? Yes that will be more difficult with a new magazine.
With the new mag there's a 3/4 of a halfway halt when loading a fully loaded mag.

My old mags (the one on the left of the pictures) goes in with no hinderance. Like butter.

·
Florist
19,999 Posts
With the new mag there's a 3/4 of a halfway halt when loading a fully loaded mag.

My old mags (the one on the left of the pictures) goes in with no hinderance. Like butter.
With the new mag comes a new spring and this new spring is still stiff and will exert "extra" upward pressure on the bullets in the mag. So when you insert the fully loaded new mag into the gun, the top bullet hits the closed slide before the mag is properly seated in gun. Normally a used mag's spring will just give way and the bullets will be compressed back into the mag. But with the new spring, it takes more force to compress the bullets back into the magazine.

Or in another words, nothing wrong with your mag. Just go shoot it more to work the mag spring into its default state.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Definately take them back and get you're money. That idiot sold you newer style mags, which CLEARLY will not work in your old model. I was surprised to learn that the 19 was a .40SW...I had always thought it was 9x19. Mine must have been mismarked at the factory, good thing I've never shot it out of fear of messing something up...I could have had one of those KB's. I'll have to call them tomorrow so they can recall them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts