Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough, check. Rugged, check. Low Maintenance, check.

Little bit of oil on the recommended points when cleaning, maybe some light grease on that one spot on the slide after the Glock copper lube wears off. Once a year detail strip. Pretty much good for a lifetime.

What I'm interested in is what replacement parts can I expect to need over that lifetime. I know that Glock is nearly fanatical about their warranty so I'm not really going to worry about frame, slide or barrel.

As my G19 is my only firearm, I really don't want to spend a few days tracking down a five buck spring or ordering one through the mail. What would be a reasonable list of spares to have on hand to keep a Glock up and running under normal conditions?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Tough, check. Rugged, check. Low Maintenance, check.

Little bit of oil on the recommended points when cleaning, maybe some light grease on that one spot on the slide after the Glock copper lube wears off. Once a year detail strip. Pretty much good for a lifetime.

What I'm interested in is what replacement parts can I expect to need over that lifetime. I know that Glock is nearly fanatical about their warranty so I'm not really going to worry about frame, slide or barrel.

As my G19 is my only firearm, I really don't want to spend a few days tracking down a five buck spring or ordering one through the mail. What would be a reasonable list of spares to have on hand to keep a Glock up and running under normal conditions?
I am not being an "all Glock" fan but to tell you the truth , NOTHING is what you need. I have carried a Glock 22 on duty for 11 yrs with NO PROBLEMS and no parts replaced. It is shoot often still no parts have worn out. I am presently trying to decide on what .45 to get . I really wanted the S&W M&P but after reading and studying what owners have been through and other pistols , I choose the Glock 21 :cool: . I say this because Glock parts are everywhere, they are VERY rust resistant , and are damn RELIABLE.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just get a recoil spring assembly ... you probably wont need it but they are cheap and after 10,000 rounds or so might as well drop in a 5 dollar part.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
heck while we are on the subject , you dont need it but you could buy a all the parts to rebuild the gun itself (minus frame and slide) for under $125, I think . I belive the barrel would be the most exspensive part but thats only about $70 . Someone help me out if I am wrong.

·
20,407 Posts
I wish I could tell you, but my 1996 G19 is still running on all original parts, even after 62,000+ rounds. I may someday change the recoil spring.:cool:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I wish I could tell you, but my 1996 G19 is still running on all original parts, even after 62,000+ rounds. I may someday change the recoil spring.:cool:
same here - though I'm looking to replace recoil spring / guide rod assembly - what do you guys think of the Wolff steel guide rods and the "calibration pak" with mult strength recoil springs?
http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/GlockNF.html

·
Banned
402 Posts
What would be a reasonable list of spares to have on hand to keep a Glock up and running under normal conditions?
Since 1989 and owning dozens of Glocks, I only replaced magazines. Although I do have a recoil spring for each model I own, I've never needed to replace one yet. Glocks are a great design and the parts are of such high quality that they never seem to wear out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. I was just wondering if there was a semi-regular part or spring that would go out eventually. Thanks for letting me know I don't need to worry about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts