close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock laser/light

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Hatton7, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Hatton7

Hatton7 GLOCK FAN

Has anyone bought the new laser/light yet? Is the laser adjustable? How do you like it and how much did you pay?

2. Bob

Bob G23/C,G24/C,G33 Millennium Member

Fondled one at the gun show this weekend. The cost was $240 out the door. The switches are real small. It was ok but I still like the M6 better. :cool:

3. Hatton7

Hatton7 GLOCK FAN

Does the m6 have both a laser and light? Do you have to adjust any of the lasers for the rail? like sighting in a rifle?

4. Bob

Yes, the M6 does have a laser and it attaches to the rail.

More info;

[​IMG] The M/6 tactical laser illuminator offers a uniquely integrated high power visible laser combined with a high intensity white light in a military proven design. Lightweight and value priced the M/6 adds just 3.7 oz to a weapon. Requires two 3 Volt lithium batteries which are included.

Info from; Lone Wolf

5. redduck21502

redduck21502

If the lasers are mounted an inch or so below the barrel, will it shoot low if you put the laser on the center of the target?

6. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

I have the M6 on my Glock 34, which I just picked up 2 weeks ago. The laser is adjusted for 50 feet although the instructions mention using 25 meters. I don't have a range nearby with that kind of length, unfortunately.

It took me about 15 minutes to get the laser sighted in. It could have gone quicker if the hex wrench were a little larger. 1/4 turns on those hex screws make a huge difference, by the way.

After completing the adjustments, I practiced firing 3-shot groups at 50 feet using the laser. It takes getting used to, watching the red dot on the target, but soon I was punching 2 out of 3 through the same hole. I also shot 10 round strings as rapidly as possible with a 2-hand hold just above waist-level at 25 feet. Very easy to keep them all in the black.

I was using a standard bull target, by the way.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Interesting thing that I read in the instructions is to NOT USE the light in an area with evaporated gasoline. Possibility of explosion? That's my guess.

Hope this info helps. Good luck

7. cobrablade

cobrablade

I spoke to Glock a few weeks ago. They estimated that the Glock Laser/light/infared combo wouldn't be available for several months (5)

8. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

I'm still looking/waiting for one for my G37.

9. cobrablade

cobrablade

Me too. I've been considering the M6 or M6X if I can't wait 5 months.

10. ctarrou

ctarrou

Just bought one at my local gun peddler.

Size wise, it is a hair longer then the glock lite, and just a tad more square. Also it come in a lil black plastic box instead of the cardboard one the Glock light came in. Inclose are the light, 2 duracell batteries, extra bulb and a laser adjustment tool. (Same as lil screw driver for glock adjustable sights.)

According to the enclosed manual there will be 2 models availible. GTL21 and GTL22. Only difference in the 2 is the way the switch works and the the GTL22 has a dimmer for the white light only.

I have the GTL21. It has the same switch as the Glock light. If you don't like the Glock light switch, you won't like this one. On my small frame glocks, 17, 19, 31, 34, 35 and 37, the lock up is tight and the laser holds zero, when taking the unit on n' off serveral times when compared with the normal sights.

Haven't had a chance to use it at the range yet, hoping for a monday outing.

The only issue I have come across is the light will not lock up on my 2 large frame glocks, (Both are 21's.) I'm calling Glock friday to see if there's a simple fix.

So far, I like it. More to follow on later date.

;Y

11. Bob

When I asked they said the light is a tight fit on some frames and to use a little force to push it on. It fit my G32 & a G20 fine but the G35 was real tight, a good push and it locked on.... :cool:

12. cobrablade

cobrablade

Be sure to let us know how well it stayed zeroed! I've got the G37. Do you know of a holster that'll hold the 37 and the laser/light?

13. ctarrou

ctarrou

I wish it was just a tight fit. I was pushing hard enuf to flex the frame at the locking block and it won't lock up. Needless to say I stopped after I saw that. ;P I took a micrometer to the mess and it appears both my G21's are .05 wider then my other frames. You can see where the stabilizing protusions on the laser are starting to cut into the front of the trigger guard.

We'll see what Glock has to say later today.

;Y

14. Bob

That is a little to hard. Let us know what they say.... :cool:

Bob

15. ctarrou

ctarrou

OK,,,

Results of my lil' conversation are as follows,

I descripe the problem of the laser not locking up on my 2 G21's but working fine on all my 17/19 frame size glocks.

Glocks says they are designed for a tight fit to maintain best zero and I just need to push harder. I explain that I'm pushing hard enough to flex the frame at the locking block. Glock says that the frames are made to flex. I go on to further explain that the rear of the laser's rail is 1/8 inch from fully seating and the light won't move, no matter how hard I push. I further explain my micrometer results about the trigger guard size difference.

Glock pauses for about 10 seconds and replies, "Sir," the laser was designed to give the tightest fit possible on all 17 / 19 size frames to maintain zero. However we have come across a few Large frame guns that light won't lock up on due to manufacturing tolerances. If you desire, you can modify the laser housing slightly to help it fit you G21, however if you do, positive lockup on a G17 /G19 size frame may be compromised.

Well, No biggie on my end personally, I bought it to use on my G17 and G37 mostly. one of my G21's is issued a M3 light and we can't mount a laser on it, (Agency rules.) My other 21 will proably end up in a trade for a G30. But for folks that only have a G21 are facing a Hit or miss proposition.

;Y

16. Bob

Thanks ctarrou. That is about the same thing they told me except modifing the light. I was able to get it to lock on so I guess YMMV..... :cool:

17. ctarrou

ctarrou

I will!!!

As far as holster, not off hand. But I think fobus and sidearmor may have something that fits the setup.

;Y

18. GkOregon

GkOregon Red-White-Blue

I guess that I will bring my 21 in to the store before I purchase the light. That way I will make sure that it fits.

But first, it would be great if you could let us know how well it works for you. I would like to choose between the Glock Laser/Light and M6 by Christmas after hearing some member reviews (hope it's under the tree). :)

H.

19. pbrstreetgang

pbrstreetgang

how 'bout posting those dimensions?
    pleeze?
    my other glock is pre-rail.

20. Perry F.

Perry F.