close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock G30SF - ideas for gear?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcj128, Apr 20, 2012.

1. bcj128

bcj128

OK, so I bit the bullet. I needed a new CCW piece, and had to choose between a "fun" gun and a "working" gun. As a result, I had to put up my G34 for trade. As a result, I'm getting a VG+ condition Glock 30SF. Before I hear all the hand wringing about getting rid of the G34, I know it's not ideal, but I can't afford to buy another gun. Plus I have a Glock 35 Gen 4 for my duty gun, so I still keep my favorite long slide.

The rear sight needs to be replaced, but otherwise it only has 200 rounds through it, and looks like new from all pictures sent by the other party.

Any suggestions on add ons, and a good, comfortable OWB holster.

2. prcharlie

prcharlie

My G30sf is my carry gun. I have night sights and use an Mtac IWB holster primarily. When I want an OWB holster I use the Glock holster, which is suprisingly good. I did notice that DSG Arms has a kydex holster just for the G30 and it is convertible from IWB to OWB.

3. larson1122

larson1122

Congrats on the G30! I have heard that a lot of people like the Glock sport combat for an OWB holster.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

5. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Congrats on the 30sf. I really like mine and it has replaced all my other Glock's for EDC. I carry in either a Adams Leather pancake or IWB.

Doyle

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

congrats on the new 30 its my EDC weapon as well and I love it, the only thing ive done to mine is change out the RSA to a black Stainless steel one...

7. trip20

trip20

All I've done is throw on some XS Big Dots and Pierce base plates on the mags (all +0).

Usin a home made IWB and sometimes the Glock OWB holster.

No plans to mess with anything else.

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

You made an excellent choice with the G30SF 45ACP. Click the link in my sig line below for more information about the pistol.

Over the years, I've used the following sights on my G30SF CCW pistol installed in the order listed. Depending on which configuration you prefer, I can recommend any of these:
    1. plain black sights (Warren Tactical WAR-WTL-00, plain black rear and serrated front),
    2. tritium on front only (Warren Tactical WAR-WTL-01, green tritium front w/ white ring, plain black rear),
    3. three-lamp, two-color tritium system (Warren Tactical WAR-WTL-21, green tritium front w/ white ring, two smaller amber tritium lamps at rear with no outline),
    4. two-lamp, two-color tritium system (Sevigny Carry WAR-SCY-11, green tritium front w/ white ring, one smaller amber tritium lamp at rear with no outline), and finally
    5. two-lamp, two-color tritium system with bright colored ring on front sight (AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro GL-204, green tritium front with bright orange ring, one amber tritium lamp at rear with no outline).
    All the night sights above use Trijicon tritium lamps. I wrote about the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro sights at http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16862198&postcount=5 and another review is published at http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/2010/10/05/handgun-sight-review-ameriglo-i-dot-pro/

The other gear I always install is the Pearce +0 grip extension on the 10-rd mag (PG-30) and the 9-rd mag (PG-29).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Crossbreed Snap Slide or Raven Concealment are good OWB options

:50cal:

10. scorpio2011

scorpio2011

congrats!
    nice choice!

11. linkscoach

linkscoach SFC OIFIII OEFX

XS Big Dot Sights, more magazines, and ammo is all the gear you need. Can't help you with OWB holsters though. I carry IWB.

12. joerenew

joerenew

+1 xs big dots are all I use on a defensive handgun

13. awpk03s

awpk03s

I love my G30SF.

I have a Heinie Ledge 3D Tritium Rear sight:
    http://www.heinie.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_11&products_id=153

And an XS Big Dot Front sight.

9 Round flush mag for carry, and 10 rounders for range/home use.

OWB I use a Milt Sparks CC-AT and it is very nice and very comfortable.
    IWB I use a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion.

14. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

How do you like your Garrett Holster??? I just placed a order for one last week or so and wanted to know how well it is... ??

15. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I just ordered a 30sf off Gunbroker. It will be in my hands this week. I can't wait to have that kinda power and capacity all together with some Corbon Dpx's.

16. awpk03s

awpk03s

It is very comfortable, and it is also very thin, which makes it easy to carry a gun as thick as a G30. I liked mine so much I ordered another one for a 1911 commander.

17. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

thats good to hear, I ordered the Silent thunder solo model, I like how you can adjust for cant and ride height ... look forward to getting it, how long of a wait was it for yours to be done and shipped ??

18. awpk03s

awpk03s

Mine was a little over a month... kind of sucks, but it beats 6 months on a Milt Sparks!