close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New GLOCK for the girl!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MattyIce, Apr 9, 2012.

1. MattyIce

MattyIce

A couple years ago my girlfriend was fairly new to handguns. She enjoyed going with me to the range, so for her 21st birthday, I picked her up a Walther PK380. She has loved that little .380 and has gotten pretty accurate with it. We have even gotten her her CCW so she can carry, which makes me sleep a little easier. She has even become pretty accurate with my 1911. I however, have always been a GLOCK fan. I have the 17, 19, and 26. She had said that she wanted a second handgun, one for more of a home defense situation. I suggested that we take a ride up to the LGS. Not wanting to duplicate anything that I already had, we walked out with a GLOCK 22 for her and Speer Gold Dots to load it up with. Now my girlfriend is packing a .40S&W. I guess I will have to start carrying my USP Compact or 1911 to keep up with her. lol.

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

and why is she not your wife? :D Seriously though that's great she is packing heavier heat. I just hope she has handled the .40, even though it is pretty soft with a 22.

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Hehe...sounds like an excellent reason to go out and get another firearm :supergrin: Wouldn't want you to get one-upped by your g/f, right?

Couldn't help but think about how much you've been looking forward to the upcoming season, especially with all the bounty hunting scandal stuff going on with N.O.

4. fuzzyyoji

fuzzyyoji

I'm from Oklahoma. Moved to Oregon a few years back and found my wife. Ended up moving back home, for $ reasons and other considerations.
    When I moved in with her in Oregon, she was super-anti-gun-girl. Had to hide my old model 15 smith.

FFW 9 years. She now has her own Citadel midsize 45 and shoots it like a house on fire. My g19c is suffering from small man syndrome, so I'm in the market for a 10mm glock (you know, for hunting...).

Just like a born again christian, people that come into something so lifechanging later in life are often more zealous than people around it their whole life lol.

oh yeah, citadel has been 100% after the first hundred. Great, great little pistol for stupid cheap. 499 at academy.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

How about having a range day and renting a bunch of guns and seeing what she likes best.

:50cal:

6. bac1023

bac1023

:agree: