Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Who Dares Wins
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my 5th or 6th Glock. A new Gen 4 Model G26.

Out of the box the trigger was horrible. Picked it up a few days ago, and just returned from a business trip. Pulled the gun out of the safe today....dry fired twice....and the Glock safety on the trigger is broken. Seems as though the spring is not installed correctly. The trigger safety will not return to the forward position.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the new Glocks. The Gen 4's are too rough for conceal carry....

this is the only Glock I have ever owned that has encountered a problem.

Of course...Glock is closed.

Really disappointed.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I would bet that Glock will take care of it, but obviously not for a few days. Hopefully you still have at least of the other five Glocks.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
If your dealer is local, it is a two minute swap to put in a new trigger with trigger bar, and an opportunity to get a smooth trigger. Are you sure the trigger is all the way forward?

As far as the trigger safety "spring", it is just a sliver of plastic on the safety itself:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
*QUOTE*
I thought it just hung down loose basically

There's a thin finger of plastic on the back of the trigger that acts as a spring.

I've never broken one but have heated and bent them when I've reduced the take up.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Now's your chance to replace that serrated trigger with a smooth one. Trigger bars cost about $18 & are easy to replace yourself. I'm sure there is a YouTube videoout there that'll show you how.

·
Supervisor?
412 Posts
I've always been kind of take it or leave it with Glocks. Well, I was until my department sent me to the armorer's course. After attending I am much more pleased with the design, and how simple it is. It sounds to me like your problem can be easily corrected with a new trigger/trigger bar. I replace all of mine with smooth triggers as soon as I get them, I hate the grooved trigger supplied on the less than full-size guns (thanks GCA 1968).

·
Who Dares Wins
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Visited Glock today. Very nice people. They fixed my pistol while I waited.

They replaced the safety piece, upgraded the ejector, replaced the trigger bar with the dot version which reduces the pull to more of a Gen 3 feel.

Had them install Glock night sights while I was there. Cost was $57. Guaranteed for 15 years.

Thanks Glock for taking care of me!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, if you call replacing three parts on a brand new pistol pulling through :whistling:

Glock perfection ain't what it used to be.
I've not been around Glock for it's entirety, so I have to ask, have none of the other generations had any hiccups when new? Any company that fixes something, no questions asked, these days impresses the hell out of me.

·
just me
8,225 Posts
I've not been around Glock for it's entirety, so I have to ask, have none of the other generations had any hiccups when new? Any company that fixes something, no questions asked, these days impresses the hell out of me.
YES THEY HAVE !!! glock will make it right to keep you happy .. heard that they replaced a mans guns that someone at a gssf picked up the wrong bag by mistake :shocked:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.