close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 35, Need advice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tobin, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tobin

tobin

Hello

I have just shot my first IPSC match with my new Glock 35. I used Winchester 180 gr. FMJ as I did not have time to load and I wanted to break the gun in with some factory ammo. The gun worked perfectly, but I found the gun hard to control in recoil, much harder than my Glock 34 or my Para 16.40 LTD. Now I realize that my reloads will not kick as much as the factory ammo, but are there any other things I could do to get a better handle on the 35?

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

There is a lot you can do to a 35 for limited. Mines shoots like a 9x19 with more torque even with major loads. Adding weight to the gun, changing the springs and using custom loads will make the biggest difference.

3. tobin

tobin

Hi Matt

Thanx for replying, I think I saw you on Shooting Gallery, the GSSF episode. So for springs, I need to change to a uncaptured guide rod and what spring weight with 180 gr. loads, or are these bullets too heavy?

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I use zero 180 JHP for my major loads.

I reccomend starting with an ISMI 15lb for a 35.

You can use the factory rod but adding some weight will help smooth out the gun. And Extended Tungsten rod and brass magwell will help alot.