New glock 34 sight questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cvjoint, Aug 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. cvjoint

cvjoint Guest

I ordered a new Glock 34 and want to change the plastic adjustable sights on them. My question is will Warren Tactical Sights with the fiber optic front sight stick out over the gap in the slide?. I think the Truglo's would stick out over the gap. I want sights that fit without sticking over the gap. Any G34 owners change there sights. Any advice for good sights for the G34 Thanks.

2. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

I run a Dawson front, and a Heinie slant-pro rear on my 34. The Dawson is about 1/8" away from the front edge of the cutout - it doesn't hang over the edge.

My carry gun (19) has Sevigny Competition sights on it, made by Warren. I just went and held the two side-by-side for you. They most definitely would NOT hang over the slide cutout. It looks like they'd be about 1/4" away from it. Lots of room.

I like both sets of sights, and the Sevignys are definitely priced right. :)

I believe the only sights that will hang over the edge are some of the really long ones out there, like Truglo TFO's, which generally offer a marginal sight picture for competition use anyway.

3. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear Protective G'pa CLM

I agree, my 34 also has a Heinie rear and a Dawson FO front.

4. cvjoint

cvjoint Guest

Thanks alot. The Dawson front, and a Heinie slant-pro was what I wanted to go with. Who has the best price on theses sights.