Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the gun shop on my lunch hour to pick up my new G34. I racked the slide, pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. It would not release the striker. The trigger just went all the way back with nothing happing. Since the gun doesn't fire I was not able to release the slide. I have a new Glockworx complete trigger assembly to replace the factory one, plus all of the springs.

I am sure the best thing to do is to send it back and order a new one BUT is there a way to fix the gun without sending it back to the factory? An ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

·
"To The Point"
1,230 Posts
"I racked the slide, pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. It would not release the striker. The trigger just went all the way back with nothing happing. Since the gun doesn't fire I was not able to release the slide. ."

Or ....one of the "Rocket Scientists" at the Gun Shop had been fooling with it? :whistling:

If you mean by: "release the slide", that you cannot remove it from the frame?

If so, try pushing the trigger fwd with a finger using only moderate pressure. If that does not work then see if you have enough wiggle room to move the slide back just enough to remove the slide plate cover {on its rear face}, once that's off may pop the striker assembly out, then slide will come right off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I mean by "release the slide" I cannot remove it from the frame. Thanks, I will try both recomendations this afternoon after work. I thought about removing the slide plate cover but didn't know if this would allow the slide to come off the frame.

Thanks again

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedrock,

I went back to the gun shop after work and a friend of mine who is a Glock armourer just happened to be there. He took the gun apart (just as you suggested) and found that the trigger bar did not have enough of a bend in it to connect with the striker. I relpaced the trigger assembly with a Glockwox trigger assembly that I had won at the Texas State IDPA match and I was good to go.

Thanks for the input.

Jim

·
"To The Point"
1,230 Posts
Very Welcome, Jim....

That is/was a "weird" one!

Guess there really is a good use for those half-height slide-plate "inspection" covers after all!

Keep the brass flyin'

SR

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think someone here had the right idea when they said someone was messing with it. I have seen that malfunction a couple times at the range when someone does not reassemble the firearm correctly. The beauty about Glocks is their simplicity like the old 1911's but much more reliable.

PS: Good move on the trigger kit too. I run them on 2 of my Glocks (34 & 19)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
EVERY SINGLE Glock is test fired before it leaves the factory.

Something is weird here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts