close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new Glock 32 owner here, have a question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G32, Feb 12, 2003.

1. G32

G32

first off, i wanted to say hello, and that ive read ALOT of useful information from this MB and i thank you all for that. ive owned a Glock 30 and 23 in the past, as well as a beretta 92 compact L, SIG P239, SIG Pro2340, and a Taurus .357 revolver. this Glock 32 is my first .357SIG gun. i bought it 2 days ago and immediately went to my local indoor range. i must say, it is a FUN gun to shoot. i think it has the sharpest recoil of any autoloader ive ever shot, and you gotta love the fireworks. its DEAD accurate and i shoot it better than i did any of my .40S&W, .45ACP, or 9x19 guns ive owned. theres really only one thing about the gun that im a little worried about, and thats over-penetration. i talked to 3 people at the store i bought the Glock 32 from, and they all ranted and raved about the .357SIG, saying it has just as much stopping power as a .40S&W, its more accurate than a .40S&W, has higher velocity, flat shooting, etc. however, after i was done shooting at the indoor range, i asked the guy that worked there for his personal opinion of the .357SIG caliber, and he agreed with what the other guys at the other store said, except that he would never own one for personal defense. i asked him why, he said because it has "horrible" over-penetration. he seems like a pretty knowledgable person, and the other guys never brought up an over-penetration issue. what do you guys think about over-penetration with the .357SIG caliber?

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Welcome!
    Wondered when someone would grab that Handle.:)

3. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Im not so much worried about over penatration as I am under penatration and thats one reason I carry the .357 sig.

The us secret service, air marshalls, NC state troopers,TN state troopers, texas DPS,and a lot of others use it and I havent heard of any over penatration stories.

Im not saying that it can not happen as I did read a story about where a .357 sig was used and the bullet was found in the shirt on the guys back side.
    In the heat of the moment you are probably more likly to miss the target (people moving about and your heart pumping)than over penatrate the target.

I know many people that carry a 10mm,41 mag,and even a 44 mag for a CCW and I dont hear many people loosing too much sleep over it;)

I say carry that .357 sig and feel good about having a 9mm on nitrous:)

If we all start to carry a 454 casull or a .50BMG I will start to worry;)

4. G32

G32

good point, out of all the things ive read on here, especially the .357SIG caliber, i dont ever remember reading about over-penetration. thanks again for your responses.

5. wade farley

wade farley Sonic 357 sig

;Q I want stoping power. I too have'nt worried to much about over penetration. Just make sure you use JHP for your defence rounds, not FMJ,they do tend to penetrate a bit more. For me, with the 357sig cal, the pro's outweigh the con's.;b

6. armed&well

armed&well

I didn't come across any data wich would suggest that .357 Sig is over penetrative - so I think the guys at the shooting rage are just full of sth.

IT's the same as stating that .357 Mag is overpenatrive

Chose the propper bullet (this ain't no FMJ)and you'll be fine

Worry a bit more about missing than about penetration.

7. ngoehle

ngoehle Life Member

I carry a hicap mag of Gold Dots with my 32 at all times. If Taurus ever releases their 99.95 copper round in 357sig I will change. If anyone want to really have fun and demonstrate the power factor of the 357sig take a cinderblock out to a safe outdoor site and shoot it with a 357sig gold dot from any distance. In about 3 rounds it turns to dust.

Not overpenetration, but a dramatic demonstration of the transfer of energy by the 357sig. I have both a 32 and a 33(with +1 grip extendors by sherer).

It's my favorite carry round, even surpassing my .45 Colt defender lightweight. I feel better having 14 rounds available before kicking out a mag and reloading.

Really, try the cinder block test for a testerone filled afternoon. Better yet, bring two or three and a sandwich.;)

/ng