close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New glock 30 today!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dooku77, Feb 11, 2012.

1. dooku77

dooku77

After a week of not sleeping an obsessing over which glock to get I settled on the glock 30. My local store has both the regular and sf models. I held them both and I really didn't notice a huge difference. Other than feeling chunky, I could reach the trigger just fine. Some reviews made it seem like the regular 30 was like palming a basketball. So very happy right now. I don't regret not getting the sf model.

2. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Love mine..!! Post some pictures!! Here's mine...Added Meprolight Night Sights, Scherer grip extension, and a extended mag release..

[​IMG]

3. dooku77

dooku77

That's one fine looking pistol you have there. I'll get some pics up here shortly.

4. dooku77

dooku77

Here is my new beauty with 2 of my favorite carry blades.

Attached Files:

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Glad you were able to select a Glock that feels right for you, man. I think I have that same Spydie (PM2? Or is that a Military?) Don't recognize the Seibert Benchmade, though--what is that one? I have the 755 designed by him, and that thing is a tank!

6. dooku77

dooku77

Thanks beanie. Seems like a great fit. That is my trusty paramilitary2 along side my limited run benchmade adamas 275. That blade is a beast.

7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Yup, upon closer inspection, I didn't see the frame lock that the Military has on the bottom.

I checked my 2010 and 2011 BM catalogs, and didn't find the 275 until I downloaded the 2012 catalog :) Thanks for busting my budget--gotta go see if I can find one of those D2 blades!

Enjoy the G30. Mine has a preference for the 230 gr. ammo, and fires all of it through the 9, 10, and 13-round magazines with no problems.

8. dooku77

dooku77

That's great to hear about the magazine size choices. I'm online right now busting my budget on goodies for my pistol. I got that adamas at gpknives.com. Retails for 190 they had it in stock for 120. Fast shipping and great cs. Thanks for the info. Happy knife shopping. :)

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Enjoy your G30. I also can't feel any real difference between the regular and SF versions.

10. Glock Master

Glock Master

11. dooku77

dooku77

It was so subtle the grip length. The sf was 570 before tax. I purchased the regular g30 with law enforcement pricing. Was a little over 500 out the door. Was not worth me paying the extra 70 bucks.

12. dooku77

dooku77

Thanks glock master.

13. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

14. bac1023

bac1023

15. dooku77

dooku77

This is hands down the best forum I belong to. I feel the beginning of a pistol addiction coming on.

16. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats on your G30!:cool:

Yeah, you can't have just one.:supergrin:

17. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

Congrats, I also bought a G30 this past week and I'm very excited about it, I already moved my GTL-21 light/laser over to it and added Glock night sights too :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. zsir

zsir

great to see someone pick the non sf...... I'm trying to decide between the two myself. spent more time than I care to admit thinking about it too. I even went out today and rented a G23 to make sure I didn't like the .40 better. I don't. The cost of .45 ammo makes me hesitate but the gun is just so much fun to shoot. I think I'll get the non sf G30 myself. I like the thicker grip with the larger .45 round. What a great shooting gun. $547 for either one is best price locally for me.

Sent from my htc evo phone

19. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

I have the non SF version of the G21 and G30... I don't really have a problem with the full size frame... I'm glad to see other people enjoy the non SF version too :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. dooku77

dooku77

I feel foolish saying this but I actually stayed up very late for weeks researching and trying to decide whether to go sf or non sf. When it was time to choose it was a difficult one for me, but it came down to price in the end. Am I regretting it now? No way. The way I look at it is, what did people do before the ad model? The gun rocked way before the sf came out and it is still going to rock. Now people with tiny hands have more choices. Good luck with your purchase. I'm already planning my next one :)