close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 30 slide jamming

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glitch, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Glitch

Glitch

I just got a new Glock 30 last night. I have not fired it yet. Last night I put a full clip in and pulled the slide. The first cartridge loaded smoothly. When I pulled the slide to eject the first cartridge and load the second I was only able to pull the slide back about 1/3-½ an inch. Once I removed the clip the slide moved. I tried everything again with several different types of ammo and a different clip and the same thing happened each. After repeated attempts I noted that sometimes I could move the slide back about 2/3 an inch. I also noticed that the top cartridges in the clips had a 1/5 inch long scratch on the top and center of the case starting where it meets the bullet going back about 1/5 inch. There were a few times that the slide did not jam but most of the time it jammed. My guess is that something is catching on the lip of the case form the cartridge in the clip….say that ten times fast….
    Is this a known problem? Any Ideas what the problem is and what to do?
    Thank you in advance.

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Well, just to get started with the right nomenclature....Glocks don't use "clips", they use magazines. When some Glock magazines are new, they exert a lot of pressure on the slide, due to the strength of the springs. Just download by one or try actually firing your G30 before you decide that you have problems. You probably don't.