Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just bought a brand new glock 30 non sf model. i have done alot of reading on here about the 30sf problem so i went to 30. i shot about 200 rounds winchester fmj 230gr through it today and noticed 2 problems, the slide hesitates just a fraction of a second to come all the way forward, and sometimes(maybe a mag problem?) when the last round is fired it returns the slide all the way forward, not locking it back, i will check next time to see if that is mag specific. any help would be much appreciated, i do love the gun very accurate just want to know if i need a new recoil spring or what? Thanks!

·
Registered
21,449 Posts
As far as the fail to lock the slide back... Where are your thumbs while you are shooting. I've seen people inadvertenly put them on the slide lock lever and that doesn't allow it to come up to lock the slide back.

As far as the returning to battery problem. I would suggest leaving your magazines loaded between your range sessions. They tend to be really stiff when new and can put pressure on the slide going back and forth.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Is your trigger bar getting a mark?

Might want to check your rails. See if a nickle passes under the front and back rails. See if your rear rails are lower than your front.

·
HAT SQUAD
1,208 Posts
Is your trigger bar getting a mark?

Might want to check your rails. See if a nickle passes under the front and back rails. See if your rear rails are lower than your front.
I had FTRB probs with my G30sf.
Three areas of wear:
1) Trigger Bar "shark fin" had a gouge.

2) Area on slide forward of FPS at breech had a gouge where top of TB was dragging after crossing over FPS

3) Finish worn off slide on the right rear where slide was contacting the portion of the trigger bar arm where it takes the 90 degree bend.

Ground and polished the TB, (Including reducing tip of "shark fin slightly)installed a 19# Wolff spring assembly with steel guide rod. Also polished the top of the FPS.

Have had no problems whatsoever in the last 500 rounds+ of reload range ammo.

I know there are naysayers to the possibility that the rear rails being lower on some 30sf is the problem. I'm no expert, but the more I look at my gun and what happened with the wear, it looks like to me that if those rear rails were the same height as the front, these problems would not have occurred.
Glock has been made aware, guns have been sent back, response is imminent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had FTRB probs with my G30sf.
Three areas of wear:
1) Trigger Bar "shark fin" had a gouge.

2) Area on slide forward of FPS at breech had a gouge where top of TB was dragging after crossing over FPS

3) Finish worn off slide on the right rear where slide was contacting the portion of the trigger bar arm where it takes the 90 degree bend.

Ground and polished the TB, (Including reducing tip of "shark fin slightly)installed a 19# Wolff spring assembly with steel guide rod. Also polished the top of the FPS.

Have had no problems whatsoever in the last 500 rounds+ of reload range ammo.

I know there are naysayers to the possibility that the rear rails being lower on some 30sf is the problem. I'm no expert, but the more I look at my gun and what happened with the wear, it looks like to me that if those rear rails were the same height as the front, these problems would not have occurred.
Glock has been made aware, guns have been sent back, response is imminent.
hey can you give a little more detail on the sanding/polishing on the tb, also if you have pictures that would be great

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I put a smooth trigger in my g30 LPKxxx and had this problem. Put the target trigger back in and all was fine. Both trigger bars were#4256-1. With all the new updated parts I'm surprized Glock hasnt had more problems.Theres 3 different slide stops.I see where theres a new one for ambi mag release 21/30s. And no telling how many mag followers in 45. I did try that nickel test and the rear rail was too tight for it while the front rail wasnt. I think thats the norm though. After putting a straight edge across front and rear rails everything looked good.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I put a smooth trigger in my g30 LPKxxx and had this problem. Put the target trigger back in and all was fine. Both trigger bars were#4256-1. With all the new updated parts I'm surprized Glock hasnt had more problems.Theres 3 different slide stops.I see where theres a new one for ambi mag release 21/30s. And no telling how many mag followers in 45. I did try that nickel test and the rear rail was too tight for it while the front rail wasnt. I think thats the norm though. After putting a straight edge across front and rear rails everything looked good.
I'm not super crazy about the nickel, but if you don't have a ruler or micrometer, can you try this test and see if there is a big difference in the height of the rails from the frame?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I'm not super crazy about the nickel, but if you don't have a ruler or micrometer, can you try this test and see if there is a big difference in the height of the rails from the frame?
Yes there is a difference.
I think the important thing is that the front frame rails are level with the rear ones. Even though it seems the rear rails hug the frame closer by trying to slide a nickel or feeler gage under them, if you somehow were able to lower the front rail to give the same clearences, it would cause them to be angled down and out of alignment with the rear rails. To be honest I dont think there is a problem with the rails. My guess would be an out of spec trigger bar, but then again I'm no gun smith.

·
HAT SQUAD
1,208 Posts
hey can you give a little more detail on the sanding/polishing on the tb, also if you have pictures that would be great
Check out the "G30sf Fails To Return To Battery" thread. Lots of photos. lots of links to tutorials for detail stripping your trigger bar to polish it, links to aftermarket spring assemblies.

It's easy to get the gun to a point where it will not fail to return to battery. Solving the issue with the lower rear rails is being taken up with Glock and should be answered pretty soon.

No worries, $35 worth of spring and some Dremel and polish, and I haven't had a problem since.
i do have my eye on the rail issue just in case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts