New glock 29sf pics and long story behind it...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by arnoldstrong, Oct 25, 2010.

1. arnoldstrong

arnoldstrong

Well GT, its been a while since I've been able to devote time to this site due to strong demands from my job. As some of you know I just graduated from college and began working in a job that is far from easy. I rarely get weekends off from work, but coincidentally did have one off on the 11th and 12th of September. This was perfect since my girlfriends "little" brother is an offensive lineman on the new Georgia State football team and the 11th was one of his gamedays. Since we are players family, we got great tickets and the real VIP treatment for his game at the Georgia Dome.

After the game, my girlfriend said that she wanted to stop at target to buy some shampoo. Thinking nothing was out of the ordinary, we drove to a nearby target in Atlanta. Upon arriving, I went to retrieve my Glock 26 from my center console where I left it during the game. To my supreme chagrin it was missing. At first I was sure it had to be at the bottom of my console somewhere. IT WASN'T. I cannot describe the empty feeling of looking into your console to find a missing gun. My girlfriend was convinced that I was crazy and the gun was probably on the counter at my apartment. I decided to humor her and drive home to check. Halfway there, she found out that her wallet was missing from her purse too. She was as crushed as me. Of course we called the georgia dome police and were promptly hung up on by an officer that said he was busy with a traffic jam and would call me back. We decided to drive back to the Ga dome and try and flag down an officer. I found one, and she was quite indifferent, even after I informed her that a gun was missing. Finally, I got her to call her Lieutenant and he arrived shortly thereafter.

I'll give a shout-out to Lt. Snow at this point. He was an outstanding officer and a kind man. It just so happens that when we got to talking he used to work for the same company as I currently do in the same job I am currently in. He was quite professional and helped me in the best way I could have hoped for. He even went as far as to call me later in the night to verify that the reports had been submitted. We did a complete walk-around of my truck and could only find a few small scratches and one dent on the passenger door by the lock. He said this was likely how the thiefs got in. Interestingly enough, the theif(s) did not take my MTAC holster, spare magazine, GPS, Oakley sunglasses, or my girlfriends laptop computer, or checkbook, which were all in my truck. Lt. Snow said they probably saw the NRA sticker on my truck (which had promptly been removed) and decided to look for guns. The wallet was just a bonus, and they decided not to look for anything more.

I was beyond devastated, but knew there was work to be done. I contacted my car and renters insurance was was kindly blown off (thanks for nothing.) However, I still had an ace in the hole. I'm an NRA member and the NRA firearms insurance came through for me in a big way. I mailed in their claim form and had a check in hand in less than 2 weeks. I cannot compliment them enough. They gave me what I consider a fair value for the stolen gun. Their appraisal was for $365 which is maybe a bit low, but very good considering the gun was about 14 months old and had been carried daily and heavily shot over that period of time.

Fast forward to today. I got my GSSF card in the mail about a month ago and decided it was time to add to my small firearm family. My friend let me use his G-20 a few months ago and I fell in love in a hard way. I wanted something to carry though, so I opted for the G-29 SF. I will be testing it out at the range tomorrow, a full report will follow.

I apologize for such a long story, but I had to share it somewhere and consider GT to be my family.

Have a great day everyone!!

And here are the pictures after the long story...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rxv550

rxv550

Congrats! Sorry to hear about the theft. I have a g26 as well and I'm picking up a new g29sf this afternoon - cannot wait! Post up a range report.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010

3. arnoldstrong

arnoldstrong

I'll be at my local range when it opens at 10am tomorrow!! Will definitely let you know how it goes :cool:

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

5. arnoldstrong

arnoldstrong

One more VERY important thing I'd like to share with the community here: The stolen G-26 had a serial number of NFP 014. If you come across ANY glock part with this serial number, please do me a favor and backhand the person in possession of it

Thanks all :wavey:

6. bac1023

bac1023

congrats on the G29.

7. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family, but you get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for a well played recovery and choice for a replacement.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  8. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

So how did the G29SF shoot?

9. den888

den888

Congrats on the G29 !