Glock Talk banner

New Glock 27 in the house!

1191 Views 26 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  wyntrout
Hello all. I posted about this yesterday on the old board but I saw it did not make the rollover so here it is again. Paid off my layaway earlier this week and brought home my new gen4 Glock 27. I love this gun! It's been raining here in Texas for the last 2 weeks, so yesterday I made it out to the range with my gen3 26 and my new 27.

I put about 100 rounds of WWB through my 26 right away to get warmed up. There was alot of standing water still in the area where you shoot handguns. The 26 my wife gave me has over 1000 rounds through it now, and it is only May. 26 ran flawlessly. After the WWB was gone I set the 26 down to cool off and loaded the 3 9 round mags that came with the 27. First shot out of the gun I rang steel, and again, and again. I like this gun! Recoil was definitely stouter but nothing I couldn't handle. I had a good bit of 40 ammo left over from when I owned a S&W SD40VE. I sold this gun but have had the ammo. I fired about 90 rounds or so of WWB, plus so leftovers from other brands I had in a plastic bag. The 27 ran with no malfunctions. The time I had been putting in with the 26 definitely helped with shooting the 27. I found a box of Tulammo 9mm in my range bag, so I put the 27 down to let it cool and switch to the 26. I definitely appreciate the 26 now. :) I thought for months it was snappy when I would shoot it, but compared to the 27 it was much less. Shooting the 27 gave me more confidence with my 26.

I'll say it again, I like this gun! I like the gen4 grip a lot. The smaller grip for me felt great. I have a gen4 Glock 19, and it felt similar to that only smaller. I plan on installing XS Big Dots on my 26 soon. My eyes aren't like they used to be so I think the big dot will help. If I like them on it I will go with them on the 27 as well. Other than that, just more ammo and range time with each gun. Right now I could EDC either one and feel perfectly safe and comfortable. The 26 will go with me as it does now until I have a few hundred more rounds down the pipe with the 27. Take care everyone.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Hello all. I posted about this yesterday on the old board but I saw it did not make the rollover so here it is again. Paid off my layaway earlier this week and brought home my new gen4 Glock 27. I love this gun! It's been raining here in Texas for the last 2 weeks, so yesterday I made it out to the range with my gen3 26 and my new 27.

I put about 100 rounds of WWB through my 26 right away to get warmed up. There was alot of standing water still in the area where you shoot handguns. The 26 my wife gave me has over 1000 rounds through it now, and it is only May. 26 ran flawlessly. After the WWB was gone I set the 26 down to cool off and loaded the 3 9 round mags that came with the 27. First shot out of the gun I rang steel, and again, and again. I like this gun! Recoil was definitely stouter but nothing I couldn't handle. I had a good bit of 40 ammo left over from when I owned a S&W SD40VE. I sold this gun but have had the ammo. I fired about 90 rounds or so of WWB, plus so leftovers from other brands I had in a plastic bag. The 27 ran with no malfunctions. The time I had been putting in with the 26 definitely helped with shooting the 27. I found a box of Tulammo 9mm in my range bag, so I put the 27 down to let it cool and switch to the 26. I definitely appreciate the 26 now. :) I thought for months it was snappy when I would shoot it, but compared to the 27 it was much less. Shooting the 27 gave me more confidence with my 26.

I'll say it again, I like this gun! I like the gen4 grip a lot. The smaller grip for me felt great. I have a gen4 Glock 19, and it felt similar to that only smaller. I plan on installing XS Big Dots on my 26 soon. My eyes aren't like they used to be so I think the big dot will help. If I like them on it I will go with them on the 27 as well. Other than that, just more ammo and range time with each gun. Right now I could EDC either one and feel perfectly safe and comfortable. The 26 will go with me as it does now until I have a few hundred more rounds down the pipe with the 27. Take care everyone.

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
I just bought a Comp-Tac Paddle holster for mine, can't wait to get it.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Always good to hear a good range report. Enjoy and be safe.

· John 3:16
6,568 Posts
I have both too and usually take both to the range when I go. When shooting premium ammo in each I don't really notice much difference in recoil, with range ammo it seems a little more so.

· Banned
11,514 Posts
Been on the fence lately myself. I carry a Gen 2 G19 now, but have been considering picking up either a 26 or a 27. Just can't decide which. OP, thanks for your post.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Been on the fence lately myself. I carry a Gen 2 G19 now, but have been considering picking up either a 26 or a 27. Just can't decide which. OP, thanks for your post.
Both are great. I will say about my 26 gen3, it does feel a little bit chunkier in my hand than the 27 does. I might try the medium backstrap on my 27 and see if it feels like the 26 does. I think a gen4 26 would be pure greatness.

· Banned
11,514 Posts
Both are great. I will say about my 26 gen3, it does feel a little bit chunkier in my hand than the 27 does. I might try the medium backstrap on my 27 and see if it feels like the 26 does. I think a gen4 26 would be pure greatness.
sounds like I'm going to have to rent one of each and shoot them to decide.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.