close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 26 Owner, Failure to feed w 33 round glock mag

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lvkyle, Jan 8, 2010.

1. lvkyle

lvkyle

Hey all, I bought a glock 26 3rd gen black barrel 3 weeks ago, and have put roughly 300-400 rounds through it since then.

So far no problems while shooting all factory 10, 12, 15,17 and a 33 round glock mag I have bought.

SO far loving the gun, however, today while shooting the 33 round mag with Winchester white box ammo, after I fired about 10 rounds the round seemed to jam at a vertical type angle in the barrel.

I ejected the bad round and inspected it to find no problems with it.

I went off and fired the rest of the 20 rounds, and then 33 more rounds without a problem.

I don't believe I'm limp wristing, as I have naturally strong hands/arms and very comfortable with pistols in even larger calibers. "I was bullseyeing targets with a .45 gap today." but I guess it's possible considering I was firing semi rapid fire. I have also tried firing rounds like a girl with my 12 round mag trying to limp wrist it and cause a jam and so far no luck.

Anyway this sucks cause this gun has been ultra reliable and now I duno. I know it happened with my 33 round mag, but it is made by glock so I was hoping for no problems.

Given the cost of ammo Im not sure the best way to proceed. Should I put more rounds through the 33 round mag to see if this happens again, or put more rounds through my other mags.

Gun is brand new, factory stock. IS there anything I can do to ensure this doesnt happen again? like change recoil spring???

Thanks, .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. SFCGrazier

SFCGrazier

I have never been a big fan of the 33 round mag, but i hear they are good to carry extra ammo in. Don't worry i may have you're solution. I had this issue with my Glock 23 magazine. When i was loaded I realized that the magazine sounded dry in the inside, but i said "whatever" then I had a jam. So i just took the magazine apart and sprayed some Rem Oil inside and it sounded fine and did not have a jam again. Hope i helped man.

3. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

If its your only malfunction it may just be the ammo and I wouldn't worry about it. Keeping shoot and report back if you get more malfunctions.

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

1. bad round.

2. mag is long--got bumped during firing and misfed that one round.

Just one misfed...right?
    :supergrin:

5. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

It does sound like a bad round or possibly you were not quite gripping the gun tight nough for the one round. I would not worry about it and njoy the gun.

6. tabacm11

tabacm11

Don't put any lubricant or grease inside your magazine, that is bad news.

7. bbvk05

bbvk05 Señor Member

the 26's often have problems with the 33 round mag. I hear about it all the time. It is probably best to not depend on it.

8. FL2NV

FL2NV

It's the ammo. In over 1000 rounds fired with my G19, I only had 2 FTE's and one FTF/double chamber, and they were both with a 100 box of WWB. Rem UMC and Federal Premium have never had a problem, and neither has my Federal HST carry ammo. Needless to say, that was first and last time using WWB. But I would buy it at this point since I can't find anything else.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  9. bbvk05

bbvk05 Señor Member

eh, WWB is good stuff for the money all around. I usually agree with blaming it on the ammo, but in this case it is the mag. They do not work well with 26's.

10. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

OP: Are you left-handed?

11. James5m

James5m

I have shot thousands of rounds of WWB both at the range and during GSSF matches and NEVER had and any issues. Some people think that using the 17 mag will cause the shooters grip to drop lower and put a slight nose down angle on the mag causing the FTF.:dunno:

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I'm one of them, it happened to me several times with my G26, only while using the 33-rnd mag (Glock OEM mag, by the way)

13. lvkyle

lvkyle

I am not left handed.

Is there a way to make the 33 round more reliable in the 26, perhaps with a sleeve of some kind?

The same goes with my 15 and 17 mags, would A&G mag sleeves make them more reliable so I don't add any pressure on mag causing a forward lean?

I've prob put 150 rounds through the 33 round mag and only 1 ftf, so for the most part it works great, but like someone said, as of now I wouldn't depend on it, but it would be nice if I could ensure it to be more reliable if one day I had to.

14. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

DO NOT LUBE THE MAGS!!!!!

You had a fail to feed (or extract) on one round. It happens. Forget it and move on with your life.

15. lvkyle

lvkyle

I didn't lube my mags.
    And I would rather try to analyze the problem and perhaps solve it than move on with my life. If a mag/gun can be made more reliable I'm all for it.

16. WILLSARV

WILLSARV

Take some black electrical tape and make a band around the mag far enough up that it is inside the grip. Keeps the mag from moving back and forth.

17. James5m

James5m

I would imagine you could take a bunch of A&G extension sleeves, Cut,trim and stack them on the 33. or take one and after inserting the 33 in the 26, slide it up in place then glue it.

18. nastydru

nastydru

I just purchased 2, 33 rounders, and had the same issue (FTF) with my G26. I probably shot 100 rounds thru each mag and like clockwork one round would always FTF. I was using WWB. No big deal, they'll be range mags although I was hoping to keep them in the nightstand.

19. Captain38

Captain38

Glock 40 S&W mags and Glock .357 SIG mags are interchangeable, but they weren't ever DESIGNED to work in any Glock pistols of any other caliber such as your G26.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  20. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

WWB is "range ammo" and shouldn't be used as the defining standard for reliability. The OP's problem is most likely related to the ammo and/or the 33-round magazine.