GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into my local gun shop and picked up a 26 gen 5 , One thing I did noticed and again it’s no big deal, it just something I caught with my eyes ,after looking at a few 26 gens 5’s some had 26 gen.5 and a few others had only 26 gen 5 on the slide. Found that kind of strange lol.. anybody have insight on that? Just a dot difference lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... I remember people commenting on the “dot” when they first came out. I just looked, my blue label USA 26 gen 5 has no dot.
I’m thinking when they first released they had the “dot” but guessing Glock did away with it with the recent gen 5’s

·
Wut?
2,326 Posts
No dot on mine, but a lot of barrel wear after 500 rounds. I guess that's the price of the tighter tolerances, from what I've read. Very accurate though, so I guess it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
2A3D431D-2199-4671-A8FD-922C93F3B19B.jpeg
Congratulations! I love mine and actually find the perfect handle to fit my hand is that with a 15 round magazine. It doesn’t have the “Glock hump”

I think the 26.5 is an early run Austrian made thing. Not positive but it appears that way. Mine is a USA made and doesn’t have the dot. Will be interesting to see what others have to say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Than
View attachment 435808 Congratulations! I love mine and actually find the perfect handle to fit my hand is that with a 15 round magazine. It doesn’t have the “Glock hump”

I think the 26.5 is an early run Austrian made thing. Not positive but it appears that way. Mine is a USA made and doesn’t have the dot. Will be interesting to see what others have to say.
thanks! And I agree

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Congrats! I have been looking at one for about a month now, I will be getting one myself.

Reactions: Anthony210

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well I use to carry a Glock 26 Gen 4 ... Traded it in and pick up a CZ Rami .... Well can tell while the CZ Rami is a decent gun, I should not had traded my G26... But luck struck in January the week before Shot Show here in Las Vegas. I walk in to one of my local gun stores and I ask about anything new in and there it was a couple of Glock 26 Gen 5 !!! Well I pick it up right away and is once again my primary carry gun.... And Yes is extremely accurate. By the way mine does have the DOT... pics below

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
No dot on mine, but a lot of barrel wear after 500 rounds. I guess that's the price of the tighter tolerances, from what I've read. Very accurate though, so I guess it's worth it.

I don't have a gen 5 yet, but wear from tight tolerances usually happens early and then slows to normal wear. I have a Kahr pm9 that was TIGHT when new, and it showed a lot of wear by 500rds, but to my eye hasn't gotten worse since and well over 1000 now.

Reactions: Anthony210

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I use to carry a Glock 26 Gen 4 ... Traded it in and pick up a CZ Rami .... Well can tell while the CZ Rami is a decent gun, I should not had traded my G26... But luck struck in January the week before Shot Show here in Las Vegas. I walk in to one of my local gun stores and I ask about anything new in and there it was a couple of Glock 26 Gen 5 !!! Well I pick it up right away and is once again my primary carry gun.... And Yes is extremely accurate. By the way mine does have the DOT... pics below

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks like all the austria26 gen 5s have the “dot” ...the USA models don’t have it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts