Glock 26 New Glock 26 Gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deputydave, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I picked up a deal tonight that I just couldn't pass up; A Gen 4 Glock 26 that I believe was manufactured either this year or last. I didn't see the serial number prefix in the SN prefix thread so I'll shoot an email off to Glock. It's a BEDFxxx number. Seller bought it in March of this year new. He added Trijicon HD night sights (orange front) and it came with four mags, three of which have the +2 extenders (two Glock and one Pierce). 400 rounds is what he said he's fired and it looks super clean. $400!

Out of all the Glocks I've owned over the years this is actually the first Gen 4. Interesting to compare it to my Gen 2.5 Glock 26 that I carry off duty. I have my annual qualification in a few weeks and plan to change my off-duty from the Gen 2.5 to the Gen 4. I'll give the Gen 2.5 to my son so it stays in the family.

I put one of those beaver tail back straps on to try out. The medium one. Like the finish, grip texture and larger mag release. Looking forward to some range time with it. Our issued load is the 124+P GD.

2. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

Nice find! Congratulations! I too have those two as my favorite carry guns. The GEN 4 seems to be the most popular now. I also have a 43 that I'm pretty attached to as well but for some reason I just feel better with the 26. In my opinion they are the most versatile of all the Glock's.

Deputydave likes this.

3. Deputydave

I sent off an email to Glock to find out the manufacture date. Just a nice piece of information to have.

4. Deputydave

Wow, Glock replied to my inquiry already. That was fast. Manufacture date is 1.24.2017. :)

5. TahoeNV

TahoeNV

Congrats! I just bought a gen 3 26, and it's my favorite Glock. I wish I would have picked this up three 19's ago. Would have saved myself a lot of time and money.

Deputydave likes this.
  6. Deputydave

I agree. I'm finding I like the G26 better than any of the G19's I've owned, including a Gen 2 G19 that I liked quite well.

7. Garman

Garman

That was a good deal on your 26!! I had a 19 gen 4 and a 26 gen3. I sold the 19 and still have and carry my 26! It is a sweet shooting gun!

8. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

Nice score! Congrats!!!

9. wruess

wruess

Great deal on a great pistol. (Not gonna tell you how much I paid for my G26.4 in CA).