New Glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mike_1, May 25, 2005.

1. mike_1

mike_1 Member

I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you. I purchased a Glock 22 and will be picking it up on Friday. This will be my first Glock. I can't wait to do some shooting this weekend.
    Mike

2. 45-Fu

45-Fu Mighty Chuck

Congrats! The 22 is a great pistol. I love mine.

3. Pops 1

Pops 1

Way to go, you will love it.

4. JDH

JDH

I love mine;?

5. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI

Excellent choice, great gun!!

;c ;c

6. mike_1

mike_1 Member

Thanks all for the comments. I am looking forward to many hours of pleasure shooting it and learning form those of you in this forum.
    Mike

7. TrackerUSMC

TrackerUSMC

Excellent choice!! Which sights did you get? OD green or black?
    ;b

8. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

You sir have just spoiled yourself for all other pistols, especially in .40cal. I got mine and have been pleased with it since. The only drawback is that it's a might big for CCW. Looks like you have a G23 in your future too.

9. ffcracker

ffcracker

The G22 was my first Glock (almost 15 years ago) and it is still the gun I like the best.

10. mike_1

mike_1 Member

Tracker it is black with factory sites for now. I picked it up today but won't be able to go shooting for a few days. This is killing me.And Coloradoglocker if I like this gun as much as I think I will then there will be a 23 in my future also.
    Mike

11. New York Hunter

New York Hunter

+1 :) ;c ;a

12. Jetboy

Jetboy

I'm 5'9" - 150 and have no problem with my 22 as far as CCW. The 22 and 23 are so close in size, I would say if you're going smaller for deep concealment then the 27 is the logical choice. But hey, you havent even shot your 22 yet and we're already selling you another gun.

You said you had factory sights. If you ( when you ) buy your night sights stay away from the glock sights, because if they get loose it's almost impossible to fix. Trijicon sights have a screw and nut connection, which eliminates thst issue.

Happy Shooting

13. mike_1

mike_1 Member

Jet thanks for the advice. The 22 will eventually take over duty as the bedside gun with light and night sights attached. So I will have to pick up another as my concealed carry gun. Not sure if a subcompact will work for me, very large hands so a 23 might just fit the bill a little better. If you don't mind sharing how are you carrying your 22?
    Mike

14. Jetboy

Jetboy

I carry with a fobus paddle. Great retention, stays open, rides high, super light, super comfortable, almost indestructable, and it's only about $20 something. In fact, I just bought a Fobus IWB for the shorts & T-shirt combo.

A lot of people will talk about how much they love the LOOK of they're leather this or that, but unless you're standing in front of a mirror asking " Are you talkin' to me ? "...

If you want function, Fobus. If you want Fashion, you're asking the wrong guy.

15. Pops 1

Pops 1

Jetboy: Do you get any holster wear from using the Fobus. Pops

16. Jetboy

Jetboy

Pops - I had to go look to be sure. The very front of the slide has some polishing on the bottom edges. You have to turn the gun in the light to really see it. The retention though is at the trigger guard which of course is polymer and shows no signs of friction wear.

I'm very fortunate to have a local instructor who teaches Advanced Combat Training. I'm there about twice a month as a student or assistant trainer for intro classes. Between that and regular "free shooting" my 22 is drawn and reholstered hundreds of times a month, if not more. That kind of use is going to show some signs of rub no matter what type of holster you're using.

P.S. I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "mirror" comment. Is't just that almost everyone who has, or is, taken the course ends up with the Glock/Fobus combo after seeing how well it works.

:soap:

17. Pops 1

Pops 1

Jetboy: thanks for the reply. Pops

18. mike_1

mike_1 Member

Thanks for the info Jet. I will take a look at the Fobus. I just returned from the range and all I can Say is WOW. I love this new gun. First group I shot was as good if not better then my 45. I think I see a long and happy future together.
    Mike

19. 45-Fu

45-Fu Mighty Chuck

When I carry my 22 it is usuallt in a Don Hume pancake holster. They are leather and fit my body better for this weapon than anything else. I also have an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster (without the strap) that works well, but it doesn't hide the weapon as well.

I have a Don Hume JIT belt slide that I carry my 19 in, but my 22 would fit in it as well. Done Hume makes pretty good stuff and it is usually less than other maker's stuff. Glaco and DeSantis makes good holsters as well. Fobbus holsters are good, but they do not hold the weapon in close enough to hide it well on me. Holsters are personal things and will fit different people differently.

Besides, you're not a real gun man unless you have a box full of useless holsters somewhere. ;)

20. Jetboy

Jetboy

I'm a little confused by your comment on the Fobus. There isn't a OWB on the market that holds a gun closer to your body than a Fobus Paddle. Unless you are talking about a Fobus Roto Holster. they do stick out a half an inch or so. ^8