Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put 150 rounds thru my new Glock 22.I have to say it was a nice shooter and I probably shot it better than my other glocks and the recoil wasn't bad at all.I did have 3 failure to ejects I used 50rds of american eagle(2 FTE) and 100rds of wwb(1 FTE).I was using 15 rd mags has anybody had this happen to them the first time they shot their new 22 for the first time?I purchased the pistol NIB.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had 3 hiccups when i took my 22 out for the first time. Mine was due to bad ammo ( magtech ) and limp wristing. Tighten that wrist up and get some good ammo ( WWB, or remington ) and your good. Since the first trip ive put another 400 rds with 0 problems. and i finally used my lone wolf barrel converted to 9mm . Flawless. 100 rds thru that barrel and not one issue.

·
BHO is a LIAR!
7,813 Posts
I have yet to have a FTE on my 22. I use blazer brass, WWB, Monarch (stinks). So far I've put about 1800-2000 thru so far.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Had 3 FTE on the first couple of outings at the range. All were towards the end of the sessions. Wife had 2, I had 1. I believe it was a limp wristing issue with us. Was shooting either WWB or American Eagle.

Have not had any in the 700 rounds.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just put 150 rounds thru my new Glock 22.I have to say it was a nice shooter and I probably shot it better than my other glocks and the recoil wasn't bad at all.I did have 3 failure to ejects I used 50rds of american eagle(2 FTE) and 100rds of wwb(1 FTE).I was using 15 rd mags has anybody had this happen to them the first time they shot their new 22 for the first time?I purchased the pistol NIB.
When I walked out of the gun shop with my new G22 earlier this month, I had 1 box of 165 Fiocchi and 1 box of 165 Magtech (both way overpriced). After lubing up, I went to the range. I had 2 FTE with the Magtech, 0 with the Fiocchi, so I went back and bought 2 more boxes of the Fiocchi while I waited on my Double Tap, cheap Remington from Walmart, etc. Again, no FTE with the Fiocchi, and none with the other ammo which I now have (just over 300 rounds so far).

I think guys that get 0 FTE in first 100-200 rounds on any new gun are the lucky ones

·
The Resistance
4,058 Posts
One failure to eject with Blazer Brass, second magazine through NIB G22 in a range session of 100. Didn't have a problem after that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 22 RTF2 has been flawless so far with Blazer Brass 180 grain.

I shot another 150 rounds of BB 180 grn FMJ on my G22 RTF2 this weekend and no issues with FTE. My brother-in-law is really considering buying the G22 RTF2...I told him don't consider, just buy it.:rofl:

·
Registered
34 Posts
300 rds of WWB through my 22 RTF2. No probs at all. Everybody on GT seems to love 17,19, and any .45....Where's the love for the G22/23? What a great gun!

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
I regret selling mine and might possibly add another to the collection soon, what I liked the best about the RTF2 frame is that the finger grooves are rounded and smooth and do not come to a sharp point like the regular RTF frame.

:wavey:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My first pistol was a G22. I shot American Eagles, and Winchester w/o any issues. Try giving it a good lube (thats what she said :winkie:) and you should be in good shape.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
My 22 RTF2 has been flawless so far with Blazer Brass 180 grain.
I have yet to have a FTE on my 22. I use blazer brass, WWB, Monarch (stinks). So far I've put about 1800-2000 thru so far.
To the OP, congrats! To 3rdGen and john58, those are 2 of the best avatars on GT.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts