close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 22 owner! WOOHOO :cool:

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TimP, Jan 17, 2003.

1. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

Hi,
    My name is Tim Pack. I'm 20 and just got MY first Glock. Our family has 4 other Glocks as well as around 40 other firearms. Some background about me. 10 years ago my grandfather was murdered at his insurance agency in Charlotte, NC. My father was also thereat the time and the robber left with 7 rounds of Black Talon in him. My dad is a NRA certified instructor and a NSCA certifried shotgun instructor. Both my mom and dad have the CC permits. I have completed my class's but have to wait till i'm 21 to submit my papers. Since then, my father still has that agency and we have another one in a different part of town. I run that one alone. I feel safer with my Glock, than I did before when I didn't have it. Its a pre-ban glock meaning I can legally carry 17 rounds of my stash of Black Talons in it.It came with 3 original mag that each hold 17 shots when my father bought it for me from the delaer last night. I paid $459 for it, that included 25 rounds of SXT ammo and a padel holster. The only thing I'm missing is a Higue glock condom grip. We carry black Talons in all out Glocks my 22, (2) 23's (2) 27. They are all 40's. I hope to learn alot from you guys and girls here.
    Later
    Tim

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Tim,

Sounds like a good deal. You can carry high capacity magazines in any Glock, no matter when it was made. The restriction is on the magazines, not the gun they are used in.

Black talon is decent ammo, but many of the current JHPs are as good or better. Don't pay a fortune for old ammo.

If the magazines really hold 17 rounds of .40, then they must have extensions on them. For defensive use, it is probably a good idea to take them off and use the magazine in stock configuration for increased reliability.

Take care,

Koski

3. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

Thats what i thought about the mags. But we looks on all them and they have the GLOCK logo on the bottom of the mag and I can fit 17 rounds in all them. I only carry 14 in there as not to put strain on the springs.

On the black Talons, we have a ton of it. Our neighboor at the time was the owner of a gun shop and we bought his last 2000 rounds of Black Talon from him before they stopped making it. I know the Black Talons are good, also the new SXT are good to. I have also heard very good thing about the Barnes XTP and the Hydro-shock bullets.

4. tjpet

tjpet

Tim,

I'd be careful about advertising the fact that I've got a lot of firearms along with my name and address on the internet. Never know who's looking in. Call me paranoid but I believe in being on the safe side. Aside from that, welcome aboard!

tjpet

5. Steve Koski

Tim,

Do you have a .40 S&W pistol or a 9mm pistol? Do the magazines say 9mm or .40? Without magazine extensions the high capacity mags will hold 17 rounds of 9mm, but only 15 rounds of .40 S&W. There are some magazine extensions that say "Glock" on them.

Hornady SXT's suck for self defense, too little expansion. Barnes XTP's are hunting bullets, and not available in 9mm or .40 loadings (as far as I know.) Good defensive rounds are: Federal Hydra Shok, Speer Gold Dot, and Remington Golden Saber. I'd put any one of these up against old Black Talons.

Take care,

Koski

6. coleman1

coleman1

he was refering 2 win. sxt which are an excellent round

7. Glock34-35

Glock34-35

wuz up TimP I also live in charlotte North Carolina and am an owner of a G22, that is a great deal you got, where did you get your gun from? i just got a hogue grip a couple of weeks ago at carolina sporting arms

8. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

I actually live just outside Charlotte. I buy all my stuff at Shooters Express. I have a friend that works there, so i get good deals too.

9. Steve Koski

You're right. I was thinking of Hornady XTP which is the marginal defensive round, in my opinion. Thanks for the correction.

Koski

10. Pete250R

Pete250R

also, load your mags up all the way. Keeping them 'download' doesn't reduce wear and tear on your mag spring. Filling and emptying the magazine over and over is what wears the spring. It's a cheap part none the less, so don't worry about it.

11. skipper3298

skipper3298

The G-22 is my duty weapon, and the mags hold 15 rounds of .40 As earlier stated, load them all the way. There is no more stress on the spring, and there is no reason to leave the house with a partially loaded gun. Speer Gold Dots are an excellent choice.

12. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

congrats...just picked up my second one in 6 years...love em...