close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 22...at last (Question)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by allamricn, Oct 11, 2002.

1. allamricn

allamricn

I brought home my new Glock 22 yesterday! I am very excited because I have already purchased a 1st gen NFML 15 rd mag (Glockmeister is sending the rebuild kit to refurbish it as I have been advised).

I picked up both 165gr HydraShoks and Gold Dots for personal/home protection while getting 150 rds of Lawman 165gr and 50 rds of American Eagle for practice. I plan on getting some Gold Sabres as well to try them all.

Few questions:

1) How often do you incorporate your carry/pd ammo into your target shooting at the range? (to get the feel for it)

2) What's the popular opinion as to the 180 gr vs the 165 gr?

3) Winchester White Box seems to be the dominant practice ammo in my area for availability... does everyone like it? Win Clean vs. Normal?

G22

2. Guest

1) Couple time a month for me.

2) I just recently tried the 165's, and really like them. Did a great job on pins using them.

3) Good stuff. Not tried the WinClean, don't see a reason too, either. IMO, of course;f

Enjoy!! I now have 2 G22's. Good pistols. And, in spite of what Michigan sez, good round! ;e ;e

Steve

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I suggest you avoid WinClean.

4. DOCSpanky

DOCSpanky #1973 .40cal!

I too have had bad luck with Winclean. Leaves a gooey yellow pollen type stuff in my actions??????

5. Valkryman

Valkryman

I agree about the Winclean. My G22 shoots just about everything very well, but it shoots like s**t with Winclean. Holes are way low and loose as a goose as far as pattern.I've used CCI, American Eagle, Remington,PMC,regular Winchester, Federal, Federal 165 HP's, Gold Dot HP's, without a hitch. Some shoot lower, some higher but all hold a good tight pattern. Couldn't wait to use up the 1 box of Winclean I had. If your looking for cheap, good ammo, try yhe CCI Blazers. Work great in my gun. Oh, and congratulations. Stay safe but above all, HAVE FUN!!

6. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Shoot whatever is cheapest for most of your range practice. This will mean that you can get more shooting for your buck. If you can find some practice ammo that feels like your carry ammo, then use that.

Occasionally shoot a magazine of your chosen carry ammo, but don't get too crazy, that stuff is expensive.

Bullet weight is up to you. Some are died in the wool 180 grain fains. I prefer the 155 and 165's. Either way, if you choose a high quality brand name hollowpoint, you'll be well armed.

Koski

7. TowGuy

TowGuy Got Bar-B-Q?

For practice I've shot just about everything but I always come back to the 180 grain Winchester USA "white box." Good groups and I've never had a problem with it.

TG

8. Kcolg

Kcolg Millennium Member

What did you pay for the generation 1 NFML 15 round mag?

9. allamricn

allamricn

$75.00 at JR Shooting Sports in Aurora, IL