Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Tuesday I picked up my first glock and I had some questions on what I should purchase for my new pistol. Here is some basic info on the gun: it is law enforcement trade in with night sights already installed, in addition it came with one 10 round magazine (I live in California) and the glock case. I had attempted yesterday to call glock to aquire info on the guns manufacture date and such, but I didn't get hold of the individual who could give me that info. I also looked on this site at the serial prefix list, but it skipped my set which is EHD. I know it is a generation 3 and all three serial number on gun match (slide, barrel, and reciever). I really would appreciate any information in regards to my new glock. I am very excited about it and can't wait to take it out shooting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I cannot tell who makes my night sights. It looks like the rear sights have a T H or something on it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Excellent caliber! Congrats.
It sounds like all you need to do is take it apart and clean it, get familiar with it, and buy a couple extra mags, a holster and some ammo! :supergrin:

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Congrats, now take it to the range and give it a workout.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I took it apart and it seems very clean. I was wondering how much gun oil should I put on it. Some guns need more than others. Oh, is it normal for a used glock to need its magazine slammed in pretty hard to get it to go in?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I took it apart and it seems very clean. I was wondering how much gun oil should I put on it. Some guns need more than others. Oh, is it normal for a used glock to need its magazine slammed in pretty hard to get it to go in?
Some fully loaded mags require some "push" to get them to lock in. Normal. As far as oil...very little. Just a few drops where the slide makes contact.

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Welcome aboard! When you pick it up next week, clean and shoot it!!!

As for background info, contact Glock and DEMAND IT!!!!

Haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The gun is already in my possession and the store I bought it from seems to have already cleaned it. I am going to go shoot it soon. I hope to take my wife as well. I don't have a huge amount of time to show her how to use it before I leave for basic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I got myself 100 rounds of UMC Remington 180 grain jacketed hallow points for 30 bucks at Wal Mart. From Midway USA I ordered a .40 cal bore snake, a magazine speed Loader, a yellow training barrel, and I already have all the other cleaning equipment needed since I have a few other guns.

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,812 Posts
My 2nd gen G22 was a Detroit PD trade in. It came with 3 15 rd mags (2 of which are post ban and a bit "controversial" here in NY.) I've changed nothing except to have Trijicon night sights put on. I've also ordered a 9mm "conversion barrel" (to cut down on practice costs) and a couple "legal" (10 rd.) mags.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts