close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Glock 22 .40.. Any suggestions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock 979, Jan 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Glock 979

Glock 979

I just bought a used Glock 22 .40 from a buddy of mine. I am not sure how old it is. How would I go about finding out the age of it? It does not have the accesory rail or the contoured grips. Any takers on this one.

I would also like to do some upgrading to my gun. I was looking at a new recoil spring but am not sure which one to buy. There is so much stuff for this gun I dont know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for such a rad site.

-peace-

JV

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

For starters, stick with stock. The stock spring is 18#. You can send your new pistol to Glock in Smyrna, GA for free servicing and replacement of any needed parts. There is a GSSF (Glock) match in Carrollton (Dallas Area) every spring. Free factory armorer labor and parts are provided at the match.

3. TurkeyTrack

TurkeyTrack

IMHO you need to spend sometime, just reading the posts here, about your questions. There will be a plethora of suggestions, then at some point in time, you can decide how you want to approach the mods to your G22. As you said, "There is so much stuff". It will come to you, as to what, you want to try.

4. HSM ITH

HSM ITH

I agree with Danny 100%, leave it alone and learn to shoot it. They work great just as they come out of the box, modifications for the sake of modifications are not a good idea.

There is one thing I would replace right away, the sights. I HATE the stock sights and would replace them with a quality set of steel sights as soon as I could.