New Glock 20C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mell, Apr 15, 2005.

1. mell

mell

Hi,
    Well,
    I finally got my new Glock 20C and I can't say enough how much I love this gun. I put 500 rounds thru it today and I am happy as a pig in grit!! If anyone is looking to get a new 10mm this is the one to have. no problems in low light shooting with the ports.-- double tap ammo is very low flash-- no problems with my front sight blade turning black and no problems with concusion from the blast. What a fun gun to have!! I can't wait to get back to the range for another round next week. Just thought I would let everyone know how satisfied I am.
    --Matt;f

2. PaleGreenHorse

PaleGreenHorse 10mm

Yeah that ported blinding at night is bull honkey just repeated by people, who heard it from their friend, who guessed it might be a problem but wasn't sure. Congrats on your 20C ;)

3. bac1023

bac1023

Congratulations on your G20. The 10mm is my favorite round for self defense. Wow, 500 rounds of 10mm must have been an expensive day at the range!

4. ILikeFtLbs

ILikeFtLbs

Low light shooting: It could cause problems with certain ammo, but I doubt it's as bad as people say.

I know that Glock had problems with the front sights on the old 17L's getting blackened up and in many cases blown clear off the gun, but it was fixed with newly designed ports and relocation of the front sight. Those problems were also kept in mind with the new "C" model Glocks. You can see that the front sights are a little further forward than the regular models. The "blackening" problem can happen on guns with or without sights, but is usually the worst on small barreled models with recessed dots. For example, Novak low mounts or most night sights catch a lot of grime. If you can't see the tritium, it's kinda worthless as a night sight. Obviously porting can cause the sights to get dirtied up, but their still there. In my experience, Glocks resist muzzle blast in the sight area pretty well.

5. mell

mell

yep,
    definately an expensive day at the range!!! But, I didn't get the beast to save money!!! Lots of fun. I put the Ameriglo ghost ring sights on it. Not a bad sight. Great for quick point shooting but not so hot for accuracy. :)

6. goat herder

goat herder

are ported guns louder ?

7. mell

mell

hi,
    yes the ported gun is louder. I have a six inch hunting barrel for my new 20C and I can definately tell the difference when shooting the gun with the ported barrel. In fact i was shooting at an indoor range and it got very loud. I just bought a pair of the Peltor Tac 6 electronic earmuffs for my next range session just because it was a bit louder. Better to be on the safe side--- you only get one set of ears!!

P.S. anyone have experience with the miltech gun lube? I bought some and put it on my new glock. Does it work? How much do you generally use? Did you bake it in or just shoot it to impregnate the metal?
    Thanks-- matt

8. Mr.Glock20c

Mr.Glock20c

Hello & welcome to the GLOCK 20c KLUB.
    I have owned my Glock 20c since 1/4/05, I have put about 700 rds through her, and have never had a faliure of any kind, AND ALLLL THAT $HIT THEY SAY ABOUT LOW LIGHT AND DIRTY NIGHT SIGHTS IS ALL BULL< BUT I CAN SAY IT IS LOUDER.
    Also I use Drexon III (ATF) or WD-40 to Clean her and she works just fine.

9. ILikeFtLbs

ILikeFtLbs

I don't know about that. It depends on the ammo you're using. The trijicons on my G20C have gotten too dirty to see the front sight dot after a day at the range. I don't see it as a problem, it just happens.