New Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kcevans, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kcevans

kcevans

I just bought my first Glock 19 for CCW.
    I've been carring a Sig P228 for years, and have to say the Glock feels alot better on the hip. I had alot of extra parts from were I have owned a Glock 34 for IDPA, and have installed some of the extras, ext slide release, heinie slant pro night sights, I'm reluctant to install the 3.5 connector, dur to the pistol will be used for CCW. Overall the pistol seems to be just about as perfect CCW pistol as can be found.

2. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

I have come to the conclusion that the G19 is probably the best ccw there is. It is the perfect balance of size and power.

3. SkYmAn

SkYmAn

^c

4. jeffpa

jeffpa

yes, I too crossed over from sigs. Believe it or not I'm more accurate with my G19 than my old sig. It was, however, a p229 in a 40 cal. I liked my old sig, but I love my new glock! Cheaper, lighter, doesn't rust, etc.

5. edverg

edverg

Has somebody could advise if I'm hurting my Glock when I do the following;

1. Pulling the trigger (chamber unloaded) with the slide pulled back. Sort of trying to decock it as the 1911.
    2. Pulling the trigger (chamber unloaded) with the slide at normal position.
    3. What does it mean when I press the trigger (unloaded chamber)and it stops/locks at rearward position. Likewise, when I push it forward, it goes back to it's original position.

A "tick" sound is heard inside my Glock when I do these. Is it the firing pin that strikes when I hear that sound? Would it harm my Glock?

Edverg

6. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

I should now be about two weeks shy of receiving my CWP. I was all set to carry my Taurus 605 (.357mag, 5-round revolver), but second thought led me to the G19. I qualified with my son-in-law's G19, and it's a gem. My leather pancake holster and G19 are just waiting to start accompanying me on a regular basis.

[Did I just say I switched before I ever got started?!];Q

7. redduck21502

redduck21502

1. I don't think it's a problem, I practice shooting from the trigger reset position by holding the trigger after the first dry fire and racking the slide.
    2. This is dry firing. Perfectly safe.
    3. Not sure what it means, other than your gun is unloaded and unable to be fired again. I don't think I would push the trigger forward at this point. I would rack the slide.

I believe it is the firing pin, but dry firing is perfectly safe. It is actually encouraged. I dry fire my G19 every night for 5-15 minutes, helps you to develop better trigger control. Like I said, when you dry fire, hold the trigger and rack the slide. Then let up on the trigger a little bit until it clicks, then stop and pull the trigger again. It makes for a more accurate shot. At the range you can fire a shot and hold the trigger. Then, ease up until the reset kicks in and fire the next shot. The pull seems a lot easier this way.

8. fd_213

fd_213 Slowpoke

Dry firing is alright with the slide in the closed position (empty chamber ), but I dont think you should pull the trigger with the slide in the open position, if the trigger is forward. it may cause damage to trigger assembly or other connected parts, someone with more knowledge may have a more accurate answer .

9. edverg

edverg

Thanks for the advise.

Edverg