"New" Glock 19 Gen 2 -- questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by phixion, Aug 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. phixion

phixion

I just acquired a "new", unfired Glock 19 Gen 2 that I plan on using as my ccw. Even though the gun is unfired, it still is 21 years old.

Should I treat it as a new gun or replace all the springs for good measure -- since they are so old?

Also, based on the pictures I have seen, it came with 2 pre-ban mags -- square notch, full-metal lined, drop free.

Would anyone know the residents of which States it is legal for me to sell to? I would rather sell to those who can only have pre-ban mags than keep them myself, not living in a ban state.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Nice find! I would replace the springs just to make myself feel secure, although they are probably fine. Cheap investment. Smart in dumping those mags as they were so called "drop free" but seldom did. I'd put them on a local forum and hope to find a sucker, I mean buyer. I don't know the states they are legal in, but someone will be along who does.

3. Catshooter

Catshooter

My 19.2s are all weapons, as opposed to range toys or safe queens.

As such I depend on them for my life and other valuable things. I replace every spring on a used one but I wouldn't on a new one.

I do replace the trigger with a new one as the trigger spring attachment part is very much improved. Smooth trigger for me but that part is just personal preference.

Cat

4. chemboy

chemboy

A Gen 2 19 NIB? That's quite a score!

5. NCSHP311

NCSHP311 G19, G26

Agreed, when I bought my gen 2 19 I replaced everything in it minus the barrel, striker and locking block. Of course mine was well used but it is cheap insurance in my opinion. Make sure if you order a new extractor/extractor spring and plunger you get the 90 degree extractor.