Glock Talk banner

New girl with G26 gen 4

Tags
gen 4
7K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  Photoman642 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a Glock 26 afew days ago. I had an XD40 for about 2 years and just never felt extremely confident with it. I could hit the target just fine but could never get a tight group. Picked up my buddy's Glock 34 and pretty much shot 5 rounds through the same hole! lol Needless to say I am proud to switch and say bye bye to my XD!

Haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet but I did rent one from the gun shop and put 50 rounds through it. It had an extended mag +0 for extra grip and if I wasn't careful where I put my pinky finger, I got pinched where the mag meets the grip. Are there any other extenders that dont pinch? I would like to get some tritium sights on it at some point after I've put acouple hundred rounds thru it. Also are there any mods/upgrades you guys have tried and like?

#5 ·
Different extensions on the grip will pinch different people, everyone's hands are different. Personally, I go with no extension or a +2 factory Glock magazine.

#6 · (Edited)
Congrats! About the only thing I would suggest is the extended slide stop. I have the GLock factory night sights and mine and they work great!
Congrats OP! I agree with the above quote- extended slide stop is a must lol.

I think nights sights are always a good idea as well.

I like grip plugs as well. It mostly cosmetic but if you ever EDC your 26 I think it's a really good idea.

#8 ·
Welcome! The Glock 26 is a great choice for an EDC. After trying a bunch of different mag bottoms on my baby Glocks, I have settled on the GAP floorplates for my mags. It really helps with drawing and keeping a hold of the baby Glock when firing. Aside from that, I like nightsights. I am getting older, so I like the Ameriglo Proglo front sight with really anything for the rear sights, as long as I can find the front sight, I am usually okay :). The plug in the bottom of the backstrap is not needed, but for less than $10, it's doesn't cost too much.

Again, welcome to the forum and welcome to Glock!

#10 ·
Welcome from another newcomer. I just put 20 shots through a new gen 3 G26 today. Mine is bone stock from muzzle to magazine and it will probally stay that way. No pinching with my pinky curled under the magazine.

#15 ·
If you're new to Glocks I would stay away from the extended slide stop. If you have your hands high on the grip like you're supposed to, you can accidently lock the slide back on a full mag while shooting. I have done it more than a couple times myself. A G26 is for serious concealed use not a target gun in my opinion. Stick with the factory stop.

Trijicon HD night sights are excellent combat sights. I prefer the yellow ringed front sight. For quick shots, you'll hear the phrase "front sight, press". For quick snap shots, these sights are the best. Its what I carry on duty and a bunch of others have switched to them.

Have someone you trust do a .25 cent trigger job on it. Glock triggers are rough but with a little care they are sweet.

Past that you are good to go, I have tried every aftermarket toy out there and I keep going back to this setup.

Enjoy! And welcome to the forum!

#16 · (Edited)
Welcome and congrats! :)

I have one of these for my Gen4 G26,

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26

Haven't experienced any pinching from it but have only run a couple mags through.

Will be adding the Tango Down Vickers extended slide stop too,

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0057IO0QA/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1"]Tango Down Vickers Tactical Glock Slide Stop, Black:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Will also be getting a pack of these,

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

The GAP plates from the link above seem to be a "must have" among the sub-compact owners here.

Enjoy. :)

#17 ·
Welcome to GT. Good shooting!

#18 ·
Are there any other extenders that dont pinch?

Also are there any mods/upgrades you guys have tried and like?

I have a rubber ring around my G26 mags. Works fine.
Also....just fyi....if you get a G19 you will likely not have that pinky pinch.
Check it out next time you're at the range. Most have them ready to rent.

Other mods?
Extended slide release is about all you probably need but some like the extended take-down lever, metal guide rod and spring, trigger jobs, night sights, after market barrels the list goes on and on. There isn't an inch on a Glock that you can't customize.

#19 ·
Welcome and congrats! :)

I have one of these for my Gen4 G26,

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26

Haven't experienced any pinching from it but have only run a couple mags through.

Will be adding the Tango Down Vickers extended slide stop too,

Tango Down Vickers Tactical Glock Slide Stop, Black:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Will also be getting a pack of these,

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

The GAP plates from the link above seem to be a "must have" among the sub-compact owners here.

Enjoy. :)

I had one of the vickers slide stops and it was horrible. Fortunately I was able to return it for a full refund.

The bottom of the slide stop that is curved in towards the frame was actually dragging against the frame. The hole for the pin was too small and caused a lot of friction. It would hang up on me all the time and was not smooth at all.

Not saying all the extensions are bad, but I wish I had not bought that vickers. Just a heads up.

#20 ·
I had one of the vickers slide stops and it was horrible. Fortunately I was able to return it for a full refund.

The bottom of the slide stop that is curved in towards the frame was actually dragging against the frame. The hole for the pin was too small and caused a lot of friction. It would hang up on me all the time and was not smooth at all.

Not saying all the extensions are bad, but I wish I had not bought that vickers. Just a heads up.
Thanks for heads up.

Most people seem to prefer them over the OEM extended slide stop. I have the OEM one on my G19 and really like it. If I have any trouble like you had, I'll definitely switch for the OEM.

#21 · (Edited)
Congrats, you made a great choice in the G26. I use the factory extended slide stop for 10 years and its still running great. The GAP floor plates are also a good addition. For sights............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFeyrHoPBw&feature=endscreen"]XS Sights on Popular Conceal Carry Pistols - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nUWOZ4kBGgA

:50cal:

#25 ·
This is the one I have.

I sometimes teach newbie women with it, and they've never mentioned a pinch, and they seem to like the 26 with that particular extension. I use it some, no pinch, but also prefer to carry without an extention, and just curl my pinky under.

In general with guns and mags, sometimes a mag fits tight to the bottom of a gun, sometimes the mag fits loose. All my Glocks seem to fit fairly tight or snug, not loose. But if the fit was loose, maybe that creates the opportunity for a pinch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.