Glock Talk banner

New Gen5 19 with FBI sights (photos)

24K views 139 replies 32 participants last post by  skyboss_4evr 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally made it my my local Blue Label dealer and picked up a Gen5 19. Took it home and installed a set of the Ameriglo FBI sights (GL-5517) purchased from Brownells during their $84.95 sale. As you can see from the photos it has the beveled front nose that matches the slide. Hope to shoot it tomorrow and will give a range report once accomplished. Here are some photos:

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Gadget Trigger
Airsoft Wood Floor Hardwood Airsoft gun
Room Wood Vehicle Floor Hardwood
Wood Table Hardwood
Wood Hardwood Floor
Car Vehicle City car Supermini
Tool accessory Electronic device Knockout punch

See less See more
#38 ·
Why does this photo at http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/10/ameriglo-fbi-glock-contract-sights.html show the front sight with the screw going all the way through the sight body

And this one of the GL5517 sight at brownells https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...nt-night-sight-set-for-glock--prod113320.aspx
not?
You posted that back in August, I'm guessing
pre production sights.

Mine look like the second pic and the screw
for the Agents is half the length of the Glock screw

#40 ·
From the Ameriglo 2018 catalog

"Modeled after AmeriGlo’s award-winning Federal contract sights, the Agent sight set by AmeriGlo features a 3-dot design with a ProGlo front sight (green tritium/orange outline) and a serrated U-notch rear sight with green tritium and black outlines."

Maybe someone with a 17M or 19M can comment on their front sight. The word "modeled" makes me think the GL5517 is not the actual version used by the FBI.

EDIT: The reason I'm curious is that I've followed Golck's polymer and GNS sight versions since 1990. The full length front sight screw was added for a reason years ago. I've had them all. Pinned, short screw, and long screw.

#56 ·
Installed my own on 2 Glocks with no problems.
Plastic rear sight just taps out.
The new rear sight needs to be fitted to your slide's dovetail.
I place a sheet of 220 wet or dry sandpaper on a flat surface (granite block).
Hold the sight flat against it and sand the bottom until it will seat almost fully onto the dovetail.
I just tap it the rest of the way with a hammer and brass punch.
Front sight you will need a little 3/16" hex driver to R&R it

#61 ·
RANGE UPDATE

Well, put 150 rounds of Federal 124 fmj through it this afternoon. As you might expect with a Glock, no problems of any type whatsoever. I used the 3 magazines that came with the weapon, as well as 7 additional gen4 magazines, each loaded with 15 rounds. All worked perfectly. I am going to love this trigger, and accuracy was excellent. I am happy.

#62 ·
I am going to get the agent sights off of Brownells along with tools to put on my GEN5 G19 since GLOCK has never responded to my 2 emails asking about options I could have them install on my slide if I sent it to them. What tool work best for installing this sight? I contacted Ameriglo and they said either MGW tool would work, the angled or straight. I am guessing I am better off with the angled pusher? What screwdriver is best for the front sight, or does it not really make a difference? I don't mind buying the tools, I am sure I will use them again in the future, and I would rather put them on myself so I know nothing gets scratched or marked up.

#86 ·
What tool work best for installing this sight?
I contacted Ameriglo and they said either MGW tool would work,
the angled or straight.
I used the angled 309 tool, worked perfect.
I also ordered the straight pusher block
from MGW direct in case I do a straight
sided sight in the future.

I have installed more than 100 Ameriglo sights on Glocks
and never sanded any of them but I do have the correct tools for the job.
I would never use a hammer on night sights.
I had to stone my Agent sight slightly.
Started to bind half way on.

Sight should press in with thumb pressure
at least a third to half way.

For some reason Brownells suggests the flat sided pusher for the agent sights on the FAQ of the MGW pusher page, I am going to go with the angled one as I see no future potential use for having the flat sided one. .
I don't know why they say that, Ameriglo
is correct that either will work.

Has anybody actually had issues using the angled MGW pusher with these sights? Somebody with real world experience and not just a theory?
No, I used the angled 309, not a mark on the sight.

#63 ·
I use the MGW angled pusher specifically for Glock. It works perfectly and you get adapters for 42/43, as well as spacers for the 19/23 series vs the 20 series slides. For the front I use the Glock front sight tool. It is magnetized so there is no problem keeping the front sight screw under control.

#64 ·
kyjd75 thank you for the response. I am going to get the GLOCK tool and the angled pusher then. I have never installed sights, but I don't think I will have any issues with it, I have done just about everything else on most types of firearms. I sent my Gen4 G22 to GLOCK to get luminescent sights, and was planning on getting these on my G19 but they haven't responded. Should I Locktite on the front sight?

#66 ·
Yes, I use the blue 242 thread locker loctite. You won't have any problems changing out your sights. The MGW pusher is a high quality tool. Just read the simple instruction on how to use it, as well as you check out any of several youtube videos that are out there. I have probably changed out at least a half dozen set of sights now, no problems with any of them.

#68 ·
I have a number of sight pushers, but didn't use them at all on these two GLOCKs.
Tools used are pretty simple:
Plastic tipped hammer, sandpaper, granite block, brass tipped punch. I grind the punch tip to fit the sight better.
I use the sight pushers mostly to remove factory sights that were crushed in with a hydraulic press.
That sort of force isn't necessary. Take the time to fit the sight and it can be easily tapped in and, just as important, easy to tap to make any necessary adjustment.
Thanks... much appreciated.

#70 ·
Installed my own on 2 Glocks with no problems.
Plastic rear sight just taps out.
The new rear sight needs to be fitted to your slide's dovetail.
I place a sheet of 220 wet or dry sandpaper on a flat surface (granite block).
Hold the sight flat against it and sand the bottom until it will seat almost fully onto the dovetail.
I just tap it the rest of the way with a hammer and brass punch.
Front sight you will need a little 3/16" hex driver to R&R it
I have installed more than 100 Ameriglo sights on Glocks and never sanded any of them but I do have the correct tools for the job. I would never use a hammer on night sights.

#71 ·
For some reason Brownells suggests the flat sided pusher for the agent sights on the FAQ of the MGW pusher page, I am going to go with the angled one as I see no future potential use for having the flat sided one. Also getting the GLOCK front sight tool. Don't have the money to get everything right now, going to acquire the tools and sights over time. I am way to OCD to use a punch, I have no problem buying tools that result in a proper job being done.

#78 ·
Ordered them for my Gen4 19, Gen4 29 and 43.

I have orange front HD's on the 43 currently that will be up for sale when I get them removed.

If you use code "M8X", you'll get them for $75 shipped. I had to place three separate orders. Three sets for $225. Can't beat it.

#80 ·
Ordered them for my Gen4 19, Gen4 29 and 43.

I have orange front HD's on the 43 currently that will be up for sale when I get them removed.

If you use code "M8X", you'll get them for $75 shipped. I had to place three separate orders. Three sets for $225. Can't beat it.
So these new sights will fit just fine on a Gen 4 G17?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.